Pregnant in Kannelmaki: Finland

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
ecschwee

Post by ecschwee » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:35 am

I am an American that just moved to Finland with my Finnish husband. I am usually outgoing and adventurous, but pregnancy in Finland has made me very anxious, even a little bit agoraphobic. I have not wanted to go outside unless it means I am not alone. Public transport is scary and I don't understand it yet. I have learned how to drive a stick shift, but still do not feel comfortable driving in it too much alone. My husband works most of the time and is unable to teach me the ropes of Finland. I thought I would start with Prenatal mommy groups. Except specifically groups in Kannelmaki. Does anybody know of Pregnant mommy groups in or really close by to Kannelmaki? Prenatal yoga, dance, etc? I find things in inner Helsinki, but I am just not ready to learn to navigate the hustle and bustle by myself just yet. PLEASE HELP!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Pregnant in Kannelmaki: Finland

Post by Rip » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:27 am

Does anybody know of Pregnant mommy groups in or really close by to Kannelmaki?
I think the usually the local 'neuvola' (healthcare centre) has various brochures and leaflets.