RP after Divorce

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Oombongo

Re: RP after Divorce

Post by Oombongo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:21 pm

tampere053 wrote:I am non-Eu living in Finland for almost three years now.
I have been married for and year now. I have A permit till 2019 based on family ties. Some how or the other we might be filing for divorce soon but there are no serious problems.
So how it might effect my permit ? Will it be cancelled on its own? Has anyone experienced the continuation of the permit despite being divorced ?
I am studying also in masters degree.
As far as I know, you'll need to change your permit, and either it can be based on work or based on studies. Others may correct me here.
And you need to do it as soon as possible. This won't change automatically. If you won't then there will be a session of Q&A waiting during your next trip to cops.

Image Image

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Oombongo wrote: As far as I know, you'll need to change your permit, and either it can be based on work or based on studies. Others may correct me here.
And you need to do it as soon as possible.
Not until the divorce is final which takes at least six months.
tampere053 wrote:Will it be cancelled on its own?
It might.

http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland/ ... the_permit
tampere053 wrote: Has anyone experienced the continuation of the permit despite being divorced ?
As Oombongo said you need a new basis.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:41 pm

tampere053 wrote: Since I am already doing job so I do not think that my permit shall be cancelled.
Any thoughts?
They can but probably would use common sense and not do it.