Reply to a Mark at police registration system

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
pikku-myy

Post by pikku-myy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello
My friend is (was) applying for teacher position and got to know that she might not get the job because her husband has put a mark a long time ago when the both acted in anger. If I understood well, he went to the police to mark that she used violence towards him (threw a book or bag). She is so upset to know about it just now, because at the time when it happened, she could have shown what did he do and explain that it was for a self-defence. And as far as I know he did not just once but many times and she simply tried to forgive and workout with him. Also busy at work and other family things. He was in therapy etc. He is a Finn. She expat. According to her things worked, after 18 years, things are now fine and mature. Much different when they started life together. And I think it isfrom the time we have been friends (8 years).
Now, she wants to become a teacher for children and that youngster joke has a bad consequence for them, specially her.
She does not want to bring that old problem into the family. She said it is a burried time/fact. So she plans to withdraw from job application process.
I wonder if there is no way for her to just put a reply to that mark, for instance explaining what happened from her side as well because as it is, it will look forever that she is some sort of violent person. Whitout not even having had a chance to write who did what and why a person who was actually violent can act freely like this.
That is also The main reason why she prefers to forget about the job. Now things are setled she doesnt want the bad time to return and distroy what is now.
Could she use a lawyer or someone to help her?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Reply to a Mark at police registration system

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:55 am

pikku-myy wrote:My friend is (was) applying for teacher position and got to know that she might not get the job because her husband has put a mark a long time ago when the both acted in anger. If I understood well, he went to the police to mark that she used violence towards him (threw a book or bag).
The employer can't access police registers directly. Even if they could, for working with children, it's about being convicted. If she wasn't convicted, she has nothing to worry.