a

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
anasuya

a

Post by anasuya » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:38 am

a
Last edited by anasuya on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

a

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Child custody

Post by Rip » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:49 am

Based on your posting history you apparently are legally recognized as the child's father and made some child support payments? Did you have any written agreement about visitation rights?

anasuya

Post by anasuya » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:57 am

Yes, i am legally recognized father and i have been paying payments on right time everymonth.About visitation, she decided to let me see my child as much as i want,so no needed for written agreement,as per her wish. And we never had problem seeing the child.

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:40 am

When your ex got sole custody it meant that you're no longer responsible for the welfare of the child. Having a good relation (paying, visiting) doesn't change that. You could get custody back, but it is not an easy and simple process. I don't think social services will agree to you taking care of the child without an official process. The best you can hope for in the short term is frequent visiting. (good if the grandparents can vouch for you.)

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:28 am

rinso wrote:I don't think social services will agree to you taking care of the child without an official process. The best you can hope for in the short term is frequent visiting. (good if the grandparents can vouch for you.)
The easiest would be if the mother gives permission while she is in the hospital.