LGBT couple

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Post Reply
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 pm

LGBT couple

Post by nata_lv » Fri May 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi! We are two ladies from EU country. Some years ago we had a work in Finland. We have henkilotunnus (Finnish ID). We didn't live in Finland all the time during this years. We was in country about 4 month each year. Now we planning to move to Finland. So my question is about partnership and marriage. After how many time living in the country we can receive permit to partnership? We received our ID 4 years ago, but we didn't live in Finland permanently.

LGBT couple


Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: LGBT couple

Post by heretostay » Fri May 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Marriage is now gender neutral in Finland, so no more registered partnerships. Contact maistraatti for more specific requirements for your case.

Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: LGBT couple

Post by MambaBlue » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:34 pm

There is no more registered partnerships in Finland, only marriage. In case your home country doesn't support legal same-sex marriage, then one of you has to be permanent resident in Finland to be able to get married. If neither of you is resident of Finland (having ID card doesn't mean you're resident), and your country doesn't support same-sex marriage (and therefore you don't have proof of your marriage certificate), then you should consider marrying in Denmark.

Post Reply