Family in divorce cases

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Ethio/finn

Family in divorce cases

Post by Ethio/finn » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:36 am

Hello

I am in the situation that I need advice. I married 3 years ago to my Finnish husband and move to Finland and we have 2 children. Age 3 and 9 months. I have been at home taking care of our family so I was not able to finance my family. But now my husband ask me to divorce him and we just bought home. My husband has not had many before. after we married he got job with that income we bought home in under both of us names. Now we have not agreed about the home splitti and with whom our children will live. he is telling me that the home is belongs to him and I have not bring anything for it and our children will be with him because he has good income and I am unemployed. So I need help or advice so can any of you please help me what to do?

Best regards

Family in divorce cases

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Tiwaz

Re: Family in divorce cases

Post by Tiwaz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Ethio/finn wrote:Hello

I am in the situation that I need advice. I married 3 years ago to my Finnish husband and move to Finland and we have 2 children. Age 3 and 9 months. I have been at home taking care of our family so I was not able to finance my family. But now my husband ask me to divorce him and we just bought home. My husband has not had many before. after we married he got job with that income we bought home in under both of us names. Now we have not agreed about the home splitti and with whom our children will live. he is telling me that the home is belongs to him and I have not bring anything for it and our children will be with him because he has good income and I am unemployed. So I need help or advice so can any of you please help me what to do?

Best regards
Get lawyer.
In principle, you have right to 50% of everything that you own combined. But, it is possible to have signed contract which will limit this principle, such as that poorer side has no right to property brought into shared household by wealthier party. If you have signed that and it has been verified in maistraatti, then you go by it's principles.

If home is on both your names, it is something that can be split. But you may not own it 50/50, which again depends on your particular case. Who will have custody of children is decided in court. Generally shared custody is the norm with one parent as close guardian.

But... As said, get lawyer. There are exceptions and possibilities which can radically alter your position.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:45 am

He cannot claim you must give the children to him because he has an income. Please don't let him bully you into believing this.

It sounds highly likely he used you to get a home and now wants you gone and wants the kids too.

Please DO NOT give up your children to him! You keep them. Get a lawyer. Go to KELA and ask for advice. Or Social Services.

Your babies are so young and you have been their main provider. They need their Mum. You will not lose custody of them because you don't have a job.

Do not leave the home. Especially without your children. Do not let him have them alone until a custody agreement is made. It is automatically 50/50 in Finland. But in almost all cases, it is your usual Mum keeps the children. Dad sees every other weekend.

I am really worried about you. You are in a very vulnerable position and I fear this bully man will run right over you :(

Post by 1981 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello
Can someone help me please
Do i lose my residence permit which is for 4 years if me and my husband getting a divorce?
He is EU citizen , i'm not

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:04 pm

1981 wrote:Do i lose my residence permit which is for 4 years if me and my husband getting a divorce?
You might. It can be cancelled if you have no other reason to stay.

Post by 1981 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 am

betelgeuse wrote:
1981 wrote:Do i lose my residence permit which is for 4 years if me and my husband getting a divorce?
Thanks for answer
I have a 13 year old daughter, she is attending school in Finland and she is EU citizen
Do you think it's sounds like a reason?

Sannahman

Post by Sannahman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Sounds like a very strong reason to me since your daughter is a Finnish

Piet

Post by Piet » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:31 am

1981 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Thanks for answer
I have a 13 year old daughter, she is attending school in Finland and she is EU citizen
Do you think it's sounds like a reason?
If she has Finnish nationality or permanent residence permit and you take (partially) care of her, you can stay based on family ties.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world