Residence permit for Spouse with toiminimi

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Faceit

Post by Faceit » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello Everybody.

I have gone through almost all the threads on this forum concerning family tie residence permit applications. I couldn't find a case that is related to mine though.
Here is my situation. My wife is going apply to come to Finland soon. We are both non-EU. I am self employed and my toiminmi has been running for a year now. Migri requires me to submit my YEL pension insurance contribution and a balance sheet of my business activities. My questions are,

1. Will migri require me to have a YEL pension insurance that is equivalent to the amount of money they require me to get in a month? What i mean is, I have to make €1700 after taxes every month for my wife to apply for residence permit. That is €20400 per year. paying a YEL insurance for €20400 a year is a bit to high, at least at this stage. I know it is an investment for my future but... :D . So, I am planing to get a YEL insurance for €12,564 which will allow me to be covered for some basic health and unemployment insurance from KELA. Will this be enough?

2. Miigri also asks for a bookkeeping signed by an accountant. I am taking care of my accounting and bookkeeping myself as it is allowed for private traders. Will this cause problem?

3. Do they check my average income or I have to hit the €1700 minimum every month?

Anyone who have gone through this or know someone who went through a similar senario or anyone who has a knowledge of this ....... share your wisdom please :D :D

Cheers,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Residence permit for Spouse with toiminimi

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 am

Faceit wrote: 1. Will migri require me to have a YEL pension insurance that is equivalent to the amount of money they require me to get in a month? What i mean is, I have to make €1700 after taxes every month for my wife to apply for residence permit. That is €20400 per year. paying a YEL insurance for €20400 a year is a bit to high, at least at this stage. I know it is an investment for my future but... :D . So, I am planing to get a YEL insurance for €12,564 which will allow me to be covered for some basic health and unemployment insurance from KELA. Will this be enough?
You are required to take YEL for the salary that you would pay to a third party for the work. Having YEL at 12564 is something that Migri can use against you for decision making. You should remember that Migri is looking for proof about future income, not record of past income.
Faceit wrote: 2. Miigri also asks for a bookkeeping signed by an accountant. I am taking care of my accounting and bookkeeping myself as it is allowed for private traders. Will this cause problem?
No but they will probably look at the accounts more closely. You can choose to have them audited but that will be costly.
Faceit wrote: 3. Do they check my average income or I have to hit the €1700 minimum every month?
What the law requires is that you will not have to rely on social assistance. If you have no cash buffers, then you pretty much have to hit it every month. If you have cash buffers, average is no problem.

Faceit

Post by Faceit » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Thank you betelguese,

I had taken a holiday between july and august and my income dipped in those months. That is why i wanted to know if they take average. Would it help if I explain or attach a travel document to show them i was away?

Also, do you happen to know how much it might cost me to have my income audited?

I will correct my YEL accordingly.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:42 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 am
Faceit wrote: 1. Will migri require me to have a YEL pension insurance that is equivalent to the amount of money they require me to get in a month? What i mean is, I have to make €1700 after taxes every month for my wife to apply for residence permit. That is €20400 per year. paying a YEL insurance for €20400 a year is a bit to high, at least at this stage. I know it is an investment for my future but... :D . So, I am planing to get a YEL insurance for €12,564 which will allow me to be covered for some basic health and unemployment insurance from KELA. Will this be enough?
You are required to take YEL for the salary that you would pay to a third party for the work. Having YEL at 12564 is something that Migri can use against you for decision making. You should remember that Migri is looking for proof about future income, not record of past income.
Faceit wrote: 2. Miigri also asks for a bookkeeping signed by an accountant. I am taking care of my accounting and bookkeeping myself as it is allowed for private traders. Will this cause problem?
No but they will probably look at the accounts more closely. You can choose to have them audited but that will be costly.
Faceit wrote: 3. Do they check my average income or I have to hit the €1700 minimum every month?
What the law requires is that you will not have to rely on social assistance. If you have no cash buffers, then you pretty much have to hit it every month. If you have cash buffers, average is no problem.
I know this is a 2 year old thread. But I need to understand this as it relates to a non EU family member of an EU citizen. Does MIGRI use the same standard for a family member of an EU citizen?

k0p

Post by k0p » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 pm

I have read some of the answers which are given to you by some members , some info are so wrong. YEL and Tyel is not same. Private trader can choose how much they want to pay yel and you must pay on around 12500 to get kela support in future. However, lowest you can pay is from around 8700 euros. . It has nothing to do with your actual income.If you want get loan from bank for personal use, they will want you to have high yel. ( Check ELO website for accurate number)

For self-employed person it is usually their yearly income not monthly. Bcoz you are the sole owner of all income and liabilities.

You should have an accountant KLT degree holder . It is not must but bcoz your company is new and immigration may not believe your calculation.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:50 pm

k0p wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 pm
I have read some of the answers which are given to you by some members , some info are so wrong. YEL and Tyel is not same. Private trader can choose how much they want to pay yel and you must pay on around 12500 to get kela support in future. However, lowest you can pay is from around 8700 euros. . It has nothing to do with your actual income.If you want get loan from bank for personal use, they will want you to have high yel. ( Check ELO website for accurate number)

For self-employed person it is usually their yearly income not monthly. Bcoz you are the sole owner of all income and liabilities.
This what the law says: ”Eläkelaitos vahvistaa yrittäjälle vakuutuksen alkaessa yrittäjän työpanosta vastaavan vuotuisen työtulon. Työtulo on se palkka, joka kohtuudella olisi maksettava, jos hänen tässä laissa tarkoitettua yrittäjätoimintaansa suorittamaan olisi palkattava vastaavan ammattitaidon omaava henkilö, tai se korvaus, jonka muutoin voidaan katsoa keskimäärin vastaavan sanottua työtä. ”

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 2#O3L9P112

The pension companies do not usually investigate declarations which allows people to break the law and set YEL too low.