Despot wife. Divorce

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Blatent2ndaccount

Despot wife. Divorce

Post by Blatent2ndaccount » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 pm

My name is john and iv'e have been married for roughly 23 months. There are no children

2 months before i married my wife. She bought the family home. Mortgage is in her name.

5 months ago my wife moved into her moms basement to be closer to work and visited me on weekends.

Those weekend visits dried up and 3 weeks ago my wife applied for a divorce.

After much bullying i have left the marital home and am now renting.

Wife has taken things of mine... chainsaw/ax's/personal hard drives. Says she wont give them back until her credit card/elec bills/joint loan from mother/ are paid back. (she just withdrew my tax refund to her credit card from the joint bank account too....)

I have a clio with an engine problem parked up at the family home. It cant be moved without a trailer tow that I cant afford right now.

I have received a "notice" from my wife instructing me that i have 28 days to remove the rest of my belongings and the car.. or she will dispose of them and send me the bill.

Please tell me that she is skating on thin ice... She cant walk all over me like this can she?

Despot wife. Divorce

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Despot wife. Divorce

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Blatent2ndaccount wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 pm
I have received a "notice" from my wife instructing me that i have 28 days to remove the rest of my belongings and the car.. or she will dispose of them and send me the bill.

Please tell me that she is skating on thin ice... She cant walk all over me like this can she?
You would have had the right to stay in the house until a court tells otherwise. It's less clear to me since you already moved out. It seems like you should get yourself a lawyer. If you don't have a prenup, I predict the division of assets to be adversarial.

http://www.coupleseurope.eu/en/finland/ ... eparation/

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Sounds like she is Finnish :P Thank … on your knees there are no children. edit: just see this is your second divorce?

Blatent2ndaccount

Post by Blatent2ndaccount » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:27 am

Update.
She's gone and changed the locks..... I can't get my stuff out.
Whats the law gonna say if I force entry?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Blatent2ndaccount wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:27 am
Update.
She's gone and changed the locks..... I can't get my stuff out.
Whats the law gonna say if I force entry?
Contact the police and ask them for instructions for getting access to your stuff.

Blatent2ndaccount

Post by Blatent2ndaccount » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:18 am

Ive been paying the car loan (loan is in her name). Iv'e paid about 4k of the balance personally..
Now shes taking it back becuase its "hers"..

Nothing I can do is there?

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Blatent2ndaccount wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:18 am
Nothing I can do is there?
NO. You don't know the law, you are unaware of your rights and even if you knew them you'd have a though time fighting against someone as entitled as this lady.

You need a lawyer and to talk to the police. Document everything.
If you have a low income or can't afford a lawyer ask about oikeusapu, it can pay your bill or part of it.

Blatent2ndaccount

Post by Blatent2ndaccount » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:49 pm

I don't know how i'm supposed to behave and proceed.
One minite she gives me the offer to pay the rest of the car loan balance by the 8th of jan and the car becomes mine.
The next minite she is threatening to calling the cops to get them to collect the car becuase i wont drive for 2 hours to return her flourecent pippo....

She is doing everything she can to cause distress and assert her power.

I have it in text that she offers me until the 8th of Jan to raise the remaining cash for this car loan . Can i just hold my ground with until then?
Or do i really have to pander to her every whim?

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Blatent2ndaccount wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:49 pm
I don't know how i'm supposed to behave and proceed.
One minite she gives me the offer to pay the rest of the car loan balance by the 8th of jan and the car becomes mine.
The next minite she is threatening to calling the cops to get them to collect the car becuase i wont drive for 2 hours to return her flourecent pippo....

She is doing everything she can to cause distress and assert her power.

I have it in text that she offers me until the 8th of Jan to raise the remaining cash for this car loan . Can i just hold my ground with until then?
Or do i really have to pander to her every whim?
Why don't you listen to people here? Get a lawyer ASAP!! Do not agree to anything before advice from a lawyer, but document everything that happens. Gather all the paper evidence you have, especially contracts, bank statements and any evidence of who paid for what. Make a protocol of everything that happened in your marriage from the very start up until now. And get all that to a LAWYER!!!