part time job and child care

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
lucidorb

Post by lucidorb » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:49 am

Hello

I have a question about childcare allowance. My wife has started working full time immediately after maternity leave. Now, our little daughter is going to the daycare (7 hours|day). Seemingly, our daughter is having difficulty to get acquainted with the daycare and she is always crying and unable to sleep and eat. My wife is thinking to change her working status from full time to part-time in order to take care of our child so our child does not need to stay long in the daycare e.g. 3hrs. Is it possible to apply for childcare from Kela and still working part-time?

I hope I was clear enough with my question!? I would be highly obliged if anyone could provide the necessary information.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: part time job and child care

Post by vla » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:40 pm

lucidorb wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:49 am
Hello

I have a question about childcare allowance. My wife has started working full time immediately after maternity leave. Now, our little daughter is going to the daycare (7 hours|day). Seemingly, our daughter is having difficulty to get acquainted with the daycare and she is always crying and unable to sleep and eat. My wife is thinking to change her working status from full time to part-time in order to take care of our child so our child does not need to stay long in the daycare e.g. 3hrs. Is it possible to apply for childcare from Kela and still working part-time?

I hope I was clear enough with my question!? I would be highly obliged if anyone could provide the necessary information.
I guess the most logical place for search for this information would be Kela's website. I found this: https://www.kela.fi/web/en/partial-care-allowance