Living in separate apartments

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:11 pm

My boyfriend wants to live in separate apartments and is not happy with our relationship. It's very sad for me and our daughter. She will be 2 in November. My boyfriend is working, I'm at home and took care of her and household. And honestly I would like to keep it like that. Is it possible to live here like that? To not get any TE Toimisto support and only housing benefits. Can that be enough? I don't speak finnish and I don't want to give her to Kindergarten yet. Also someone here who went through this already? This situation is so hard for me.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Re: Living in separate apartments

Post by bm50 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi,

You have to think of your child, so I think you should make an appointment to see a social worker at your local social and welfare office i'm sure someone there will speak English, they will help and give advice about social benefits from Kela. Also your child's father is liable to pay child support.
You must do this for the sake of your daughter :thumbsup: