Divorce||He won't give my things back

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Post Reply
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Divorce||He won't give my things back

Post by Cate » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:18 pm

I'm a non EU citizen and was married to a Finnish citizen for barely a year...I left due to domestic violence and reported the matter to the police(they came as soon as possible to our home) I left and never looked back...He applied for the divorce and all the necessary papers I have signed...it's over a year since "seperation"
I signed the last one on February 2019...got another letter to sign or revoke for finalization (Haastemies said it's on the way issues with mail) we never signed for any prenup and I would not even want anything from him apart from my peace...to cut the long story short...my ex is refusing to give me my stuff...he said he trashed them(not sure to believe or not), all I want is my things...clothes, shoes, bags,jackets electronics ,jewelleries and many more some are new with tags and I will not move on and forget about them(I have moved on about alot of stuff-abusing relationship and constant cheating)
Do I have to report to the police or find a lawyer or will this be considered as a minor thing? He is constantly frustrating me..yet I only want my stuff and him out of my life...and he got engaged while we were married(that I learned later)
I went recently with a van to collect but found out he moved...name still reads on main entrance but on door different names...I really need help since I treasure my things.and hopefully I get them...and If he trashed as he admitted on text...would the court order him to pay?

Divorce||He won't give my things back


Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Divorce||He won't give my things back

Post by necadam » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:57 am

Cate wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:18 pm
Do I have to report to the police
or find a lawyer
If other means don't work, probably yes.

Post Reply