Egg donation

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Trouvette

Egg donation

Post by Trouvette » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Hello!
I have been thinking a lot about donating eggs, and I really wish to do it.
But there is one thing that bothers me. I would like to know if the couples using my eggs have to buy them. I feel very uncomfortable about this idea: paying for something that I think is a basic right, he opportunity to have a child if you have this desire. Moreover, I don't want that any private organization make money on my body. Since I am not paid for this donation, I don't think someone should pay to receive it?
So, do anyone knows if this donation can be done within public healthcare or if I have to through private clinic ? And if so, what are the costs for the potential future parents?
Thank you!

Egg donation

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nimap

Re: Egg donation

Post by nimap » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Trouvette wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:10 pm
I have been thinking a lot about donating eggs, and I really wish to do it.
Good luck with bureaucracy involved with this, specially if you are foreigner and, oh well. Try blood donation first, you'll see that donating things as you wish is not easy peasy.
Trouvette wrote:
I would like to know if the couples using my eggs have to buy them
Of course they have to. Its business as usual, you donate things, they use their equipment, devices and labour and someone has to pay for it. Just like you donate clothes to Fida, they clean and sell it to generate money as they first need to pay for rent and their staffs.
Trouvette wrote:
I feel very uncomfortable about this idea: paying for something that I think is a basic right, he opportunity to have a child if you have this desire.
There is no such thing called basic rights for having babies. I think people would be better off not having babies any more (this is my personal opinion just like your basic rights thing)
Trouvette wrote:
So, do anyone knows if this donation can be done within public healthcare or if I have to through private clinic ? And if so, what are the costs for the potential future parents?
Public or Private, they have to pay as these services are not covered by social security. Price ranges from couple of thousands to tens of thousand.

betelgeuse

Re: Egg donation

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:39 pm

nimap wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:30 pm
Trouvette wrote:
I feel very uncomfortable about this idea: paying for something that I think is a basic right, he opportunity to have a child if you have this desire.
There is no such thing called basic rights for having babies. I think people would be better off not having babies any more (this is my personal opinion just like your basic rights thing)
Plenty of rights related to reproduction come from, for example, article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_R ... ve_ENG.pdf