Party husband.

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Ihanajackie

Party husband.

Post by Ihanajackie » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:46 am

Hey guys. I am Brazilian, and I'm married to a finn for almost 2 years.
And in my culture, we are kinda jealous of our lovers. And, I'm not used to see my husband going out with his friends to drink while I'm at home. I mean, of course he can have some fun. But, once he tooks so long time out, let's say 10 hours out and don't send any message, I feel so insecure. About cheating and etc. I don't know how things works here, cause he is the only finn I have ever date with.
I just want to ask u, with this is normal here in Finland. :roll:

Xoxo :D

:D

Party husband.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Party husband.

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Ihanajackie wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:46 am
And in my culture, we are kinda jealous of our lovers. And, I'm not used to see my husband going out with his friends to drink while I'm at home. I mean, of course he can have some fun. But, once he tooks so long time out, let's say 10 hours out and don't send any message, I feel so insecure. About cheating and etc. I don't know how things works here, cause he is the only finn I have ever date with.
People going out without their spouses is normal. If someone has let you know beforehand that they are going out, there is nothing unusual about not sending regular updates. 10 hours is, for example, 18 to 04 which would for many be a normal night out with friends. Communication is key so having a discussion about both cultural backgrounds will help increase understanding.

Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Ihanajackie wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:46 am

Xoxo :D
Yes, this is very normal for finnish people.

browndude

Post by browndude » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:50 pm

It is a tricky thing. For me and my spouse it is normal to not need to know every little detail of where we are and when exactly we come back. But then again we have been together for 15 years and we know generally speaking where we are more or less. And if one of us calls the other, we answer as soon as possible. In that sense for you who has been married only 2 years, it may not be a good thing. At the start of a relationship, my opinion is that it is good to prioritize each other over going out with your buddies. It very much depends on the people. There are plenty of Finns for whom this would not be "normal". For others it may be very normal.
ImageImage