Basic support and assistance

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Anaana

Post by Anaana » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:43 pm

Hello everyone, I have some doubts that I would like help with:
I've applied for the basic income support, then they have asked me for bank statements, when I attach these bank statements will my social worker who's now helping have access to the information that is attached, if for example the s. worker want open that and see my information? I find that uncomfortable, how to prevent that, and the information be shared and seen exclusively by the officers who are dealing and making decision?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Basic support and assistance

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Anaana wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:43 pm
Hello everyone, I have some doubts that I would like help with:
I've applied for the basic income support, then they have asked me for bank statements, when I attach these bank statements will my social worker who's now helping have access to the information that is attached, if for example the s. worker want open that and see my information? I find that uncomfortable, how to prevent that, and the information be shared and seen exclusively by the officers who are dealing and making decision?
It's possible but not without reason.

"Kunnan sosiaalihuollon viranomaisen oikeudesta saada pyynnöstä Kansaneläkelaitokselta tämän lain mukaisten tehtäviensä hoitamiseksi välttämättömät tiedot säädetään sosiaalihuollon asiakkaan asemasta ja oikeuksista annetun lain 20 §:n 1 momentissa."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 412#L3P18a

You have to right to hide some sensitive expenses, which are not relevant for the calculation of income support.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/r/fi/ratk ... /4181/2011

Still then if they suspect the lines to be relevant, it will be burdensome to navigate the bureaucracy.