Looking for my sister Anneli Koskela

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Sunflower207

Post by Sunflower207 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:41 pm

Hello, I am trying to get in contact with my half sister Anneli Koskela is her name as a child. She would have been born around 1947 - 1948. Probably born around Kaskinen area. Her birth last name possibly Myllykangas and adopted to family with last name Koskela. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Valinnan vapaus

Re: Looking for my sister Anneli Koskela

Post by Valinnan vapaus » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:59 pm

My dad's an amateur geneologist and he says that particular time period is a tough one because it's subject to legislation that has to do with privacy. If it was something older than that it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't use FB but if you do, I guess you could try to find her here: https://fi-fi.facebook.com/public/Anneli-Koskela

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:57 pm

Valinnan vapaus wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:59 pm
I don't use FB but if you do, I guess you could try to find her here: https://fi-fi.facebook.com/public/Anneli-Koskela
Chances are she married 50 years ago, and if she is still alive she now has the last name of her husband.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:58 pm

Sunflower207 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:41 pm
Hello, I am trying to get in contact with my half sister Anneli Koskela is her name as a child. She would have been born around 1947 - 1948. Probably born around Kaskinen area. Her birth last name possibly Myllykangas and adopted to family with last name Koskela. Any help would be appreciated.
Your father had in 1947 an affair with a girl from Kaskinen, who gave the child up for adoption?
Or what is the story?

I am asking since there might be something like the names of the biological grandparents of your half sister or the names of her foster parents that could be useful for searching. Information on persons who might still be living is usually not available, information on older people or location information might be more useful for having anything to search for.

Sunflower207

Post by Sunflower207 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:12 am

As mentioned I know her name and her mothers maiden name. She may also have been born around Kurrika.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 am

Sunflower207 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:12 am
She may also have been born around Kurrika.
That's quite a distance from Kaskinen, and "around" doesn't make it easier.
Sunflower207 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:12 am
As mentioned I know her name and her mothers maiden name.
You mention random facts, while omitting all the context that might be useful for finding her.

Do you also know her mothers first name?

You mentioned she was adopted by a family Koskela.
What do you know about that family?

If you want anyone to be able to help you, you have to tell the whole story with all details.

Birth information alone might become useful when the register information becomes publicly available at some point after 2050.