areas / primary schools in Tampere

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Suda

Post by Suda » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi all,
this might be a weird question and none of the forums really fit but I need some inside information... ;-)

I am a primary school teacher in Germany in what you might call a "rough" part of a big-ish city (~half a million), with a fairly high proportion of pupils from socially disadvantaged homes and/ or immigrant backgrounds.

What I am looking for is a twin school in Finland which is at least a little bit similar to ours.

i.e. not the capital, former industrial area, part of town that isn't all nice and shiny... sooo ... I was hoping that maybe somewhere in Tampere might fit the bill??
(another reason being that I stayed not too far away from there during my own school exchange year a long long time ago ;-) )

So, is there anyone on this forum that might be able to point me in the right direction? It would be very much appreciated!!!

(My school is not quite ready to hop over and start anything straight away - we're in the process of getting into the European Erasmus/E-twinning programme at the moment - and with the Corona virus still around, who knows when things might start happening... BUT at the same time some initial contacts would be brilliant...)

not raising my hopes here, but on the off chance that somebody might be able to help ... thanks very much in advance!!

all the best -
terveisiä Saksasta

Suda

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: areas / primary schools in Tampere

Post by heretostay » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:33 pm

When I lived in Tampere, Hervanta was the area with that reputation. Maybe try schools there?

inkku

Re: areas / primary schools in Tampere

Post by inkku » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi Suda, that sounds lovely. I sent you a private message. Check it, if you don't get reply, let me know.