Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Koka201910
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Koka201910 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:47 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 pm
Simo0000 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:49 pm


Why do you think so? Marriage based permits can be applied both in Finland and abroad. There are pros and cons to each so a recommendation depends on personal circumstances. Often applying in Finland is in the end chosen because that enables the couple to be together when the application is processed.
ow long does it take usually to process the residence permit if i apply from my country?

Yes, i know that and as advised by every Finnish embassy in the world it's better and easier to apply from the applicant's country as the investigations are easier to handle and better because it could be troublesome if the applicants have no means of support while waiting for the application in Finland.
It is not correct when you are saying it would always be best to spend the first year after marriage far away from your spouse.
In reality both options work.

Applying in Finland allows to live with your partner, but you are not allowed to work and have to live from your savings or your partners income while waiting for the decision.
Applying abroad allows you to continue working, but you are usually not living with your partner while waiting for the decision.



Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

betelgeuse
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:17 am

Koka201910 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:45 pm
How long does it take usually to process the residence permit if i apply from my country?
https://migri.fi/en/processing-times

Koka201910
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Koka201910 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:03 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:17 am
Koka201910 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:45 pm
How long does it take usually to process the residence permit if i apply from my country?
https://migri.fi/en/processing-times
What is enter Finland Please should i see yes or no

Simo0000
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Simo0000 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:40 pm

Koka201910 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:46 pm
Simo0000 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 pm
Hei,

If you are thinking of applying for a residence permit then the best and easiest option for you is to you apply in your current country of residence and not im Finland.

The Finnish immigration have all the rights to investigate anything related to you (present or past) and then they will make a decision based on what they see right.
ow long does it take usually to process the residence permit if i apply from my country?
It depends on the immigration and on your application but there is a time estimate on the immigration website that it might take between 5 to 8 months to get a decision.

sijazme
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by sijazme » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:45 pm

Koka201910 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm
Before two years i was visiting in canada and did horrible mistake and apply for refugee claimant the i withdrew it after only one week because i realized that this was wrong
Canada's refugee intake system is in no way connected to Finland.

Finland uses a Europe wide system of identifying refugees called EURODAC, it identifies by matching fingerprints to make it easier for EU States to determine responsibility for examining an asylum application by comparing fingerprint datasets. Since its creation in 2003 , EURODAC has been used for asylum purposes only: when someone applies for asylum, no matter where they are in the EU or in any of the countries participating in this cooperation, their fingerprints are transmitted to the central database.

Learn how Eurodac system works here:
https://ec.europa.eu/knowledge4policy/d ... ds00008_en

Canada does not participate in Eurodac system of tracking refugees and therefore your name is NOT LIKELY going to show up in Europe.

The fact that you were a refugee claimant before in Canada has no bearing on your marriage in Finland.

Your fears are your worst enemy.

My advice, Do not bring it up unless asked about it by migri (which is unlikely).

Simo0000
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Simo0000 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am

sijazme wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:45 pm
Koka201910 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm
Before two years i was visiting in canada and did horrible mistake and apply for refugee claimant the i withdrew it after only one week because i realized that this was wrong
Canada's refugee intake system is in no way connected to Finland.

Finland uses a Europe wide system of identifying refugees called EURODAC, it identifies by matching fingerprints to make it easier for EU States to determine responsibility for examining an asylum application by comparing fingerprint datasets. Since its creation in 2003 , EURODAC has been used for asylum purposes only: when someone applies for asylum, no matter where they are in the EU or in any of the countries participating in this cooperation, their fingerprints are transmitted to the central database.

Learn how Eurodac system works here:
https://ec.europa.eu/knowledge4policy/d ... ds00008_en

Canada does not participate in Eurodac system of tracking refugees and therefore your name is NOT LIKELY going to show up in Europe.

The fact that you were a refugee claimant before in Canada has no bearing on your marriage in Finland.

Your fears are your worst enemy.

My advice, Do not bring it up unless asked about it by migri (which is unlikely).
I agree and at the same time i disagree with you.

As you said the Finnish immigration cannot track his refugee application in Canada which might be true but that doesn't mean that Migri doesn't carry any investigations about the applicant.

Plus the form that you have to fill on your application to Migri have questions asking if you applied for refuge before on any other country, So i don't think lying is a solution.

betelgeuse
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:37 am

Simo0000 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am
Plus the form that you have to fill on your application to Migri have questions asking if you applied for refuge before on any other country, So i don't think lying is a solution.
I can see no such question.

https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5790 ... 8en%29.pdf

Koka201910
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Koka201910 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:54 pm

sijazme wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:45 pm
Koka201910 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm
Before two years i was visiting in canada and did horrible mistake and apply for refugee claimant the i withdrew it after only one week because i realized that this was wrong
Canada's refugee intake system is in no way connected to Finland.

Finland uses a Europe wide system of identifying refugees called EURODAC, it identifies by matching fingerprints to make it easier for EU States to determine responsibility for examining an asylum application by comparing fingerprint datasets. Since its creation in 2003 , EURODAC has been used for asylum purposes only: when someone applies for asylum, no matter where they are in the EU or in any of the countries participating in this cooperation, their fingerprints are transmitted to the central database.

Learn how Eurodac system works here:
https://ec.europa.eu/knowledge4policy/d ... ds00008_en

Canada does not participate in Eurodac system of tracking refugees and therefore your name is NOT LIKELY going to show up in Europe.

The fact that you were a refugee claimant before in Canada has no bearing on your marriage in Finland.

Your fears are your worst enemy.

My advice, Do not bring it up unless asked about it by migri (which is unlikely).
Omg Im really happy to hear this thank you very much
Do you think if i apply for a visiting visa to finland its gonna be a problem?

Koka201910
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Koka201910 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Simo0000 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am
sijazme wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:45 pm
Koka201910 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm
Before two years i was visiting in canada and did horrible mistake and apply for refugee claimant the i withdrew it after only one week because i realized that this was wrong
Canada's refugee intake system is in no way connected to Finland.

Finland uses a Europe wide system of identifying refugees called EURODAC, it identifies by matching fingerprints to make it easier for EU States to determine responsibility for examining an asylum application by comparing fingerprint datasets. Since its creation in 2003 , EURODAC has been used for asylum purposes only: when someone applies for asylum, no matter where they are in the EU or in any of the countries participating in this cooperation, their fingerprints are transmitted to the central database.

Learn how Eurodac system works here:
https://ec.europa.eu/knowledge4policy/d ... ds00008_en

Canada does not participate in Eurodac system of tracking refugees and therefore your name is NOT LIKELY going to show up in Europe.

The fact that you were a refugee claimant before in Canada has no bearing on your marriage in Finland.

Your fears are your worst enemy.

My advice, Do not bring it up unless asked about it by migri (which is unlikely).
I agree and at the same time i disagree with you.

As you said the Finnish immigration cannot track his refugee application in Canada which might be true but that doesn't mean that Migri doesn't carry any investigations about the applicant.

Plus the form that you have to fill on your application to Migri have questions asking if you applied for refuge before on any other country, So i don't think lying is a solution.
Thank you for your reply
Do you think i still have chance to apply for visitor visa?

Koka201910
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Koka201910 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:37 am
Simo0000 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am
Plus the form that you have to fill on your application to Migri have questions asking if you applied for refuge before on any other country, So i don't think lying is a solution.
I can see no such question.

https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5790 ... 8en%29.pdf
Thank you for your reply
Do you think i still have chance to apply for visitor visa?

sijazme
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by sijazme » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Simo0000 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am
As you said the Finnish immigration cannot track his refugee application in Canada which might be true but that doesn't mean that Migri doesn't carry any investigations about the applicant.
There is no question on the form about previous refugee applications when you are applying for a marriage based permit. If the marriage is real, their investigations should pass.

Maeke
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by Maeke » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:24 am

I agree with Sijzame.
Do not even mention it.
My advice: Apply for first time residency permit based on family ties, from your current country of residence (Dubai). it is the most solid case. And with that application you/your spouse do not have to justify income means as it is the case for visa applications if I am not mistaken. It will give you a type A permit valid for a year usually.Apply electronically through Enter Finland. Then sit back and wait for about 9 months. It is longer than a visa but worth it. If you apply for visa, you will still need to apply for Residency permit anyway 90 days later, so you might as well do it right away.

sijazme
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by sijazme » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:19 pm

Koka201910 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 pm
Do you think i still have chance to apply for visitor visa?
Your visitor visa application is dependent on your financial circumstances in UAE. If you are a "manager" level employee at a company then you will have a better chance of obtaining a schengen visa. It also helps if your salary is above a certain threshold amount (12,000 AED).

You will need to show evidence of the following to the embassy:

1. UAE residence visa (not expiring within 6 months).
2. Emirates ID.
3. 6 month salary slips.
4. Bank Statement showing regular income (stamped by the bank).
5. Purpose of visit (itinerary for tourism, places you will visit).
6. Medical insurance for the duration of your trip which covers you in entire EU.
7. No Objection certificate from your employer stating you are expected back at the company.
8. Flight ticket reservation showing return flight back to UAE.
9. Proof of Hotel Accommodation in EU.
10. Two recent passport size photographs.

Good luck!.


Post Reply