Questions about RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Catt00

Questions about RP

Post by Catt00 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 am

Hey guys
I hope you can help with my questions based on your experiences.. I’m non EU citizens and I’ve applied the residence permit in Finland however it was negative decision. The police gave me a todistus if anyone needs the documents from me.
My questions is does this means I have the right to stay in Finland? Am I eligible to reapply a new RP? Or I should appeal first then apply?

For those people who is waiting for the answer.. I like to share my experiences too. If you saw enter Finland says waiting for authorities to serve the decision it means negative and police will contact you. When you see this, you can start to prepare what to do next and unlike me doing everything in last minute.. (hope this can help)

Questions about RP

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Questions about RP

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 am

Catt00 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 am
I’m non EU citizens and I’ve applied the residence permit in Finland however it was negative decision. The police gave me a todistus if anyone needs the documents from me.
My questions is does this means I have the right to stay in Finland? Am I eligible to reapply a new RP?
If you don’t appeal, when the appeal period is over, you can’t use the application as grounds to stay any more. There are no restrictions on applying.

Catt00

Post by Catt00 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 am
Catt00 wrote:
I’m non EU citizens and I’ve applied the residence permit in Finland however it was negative decision. The police gave me a todistus if anyone needs the documents from me.
My questions is does this means I have the right to stay in Finland? Am I eligible to reapply a new RP?
If you don’t appeal, when the appeal period is over, you can’t use the application as grounds to stay any more. There are no restrictions on applying.
Hey thank you for the answer, do you think is it better to appeal first and reapply ? If I understand you right, it means if I reapply, but when the 30 days is over, even I have an new application I have to leave the country anyway?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 pm

Catt00 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 pm
Hey thank you for the answer, do you think is it better to appeal first and reapply ?
I don't have enough information to opinion on what might be the best course of action for you, so I don't.
Catt00 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 pm
If I understand you right, it means if I reapply, but when the 30 days is over, even I have an new application I have to leave the country anyway?
It depends whether you have an enforceable decision on refusal of entry.

https://migri.fi/en/refusal-of-entry-and-deportation

krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:25 am

Catt00 wrote:
I hope you can help with my questions based on your experiences.. I’m non EU citizens and I’ve applied the residence permit in Finland however it was negative decision. The police gave me a todistus if anyone needs the documents from me.
My questions is does this means I have the right to stay in Finland? Am I eligible to reapply a new RP? Or I should appeal first then apply?
You have right to appeal. You do not have a right to stay in Finland. During appeal your stay will be tolerated. Negative decisions are bad for you and your immigration history and future applications.

Think of it this way, you want to date a girl, you get a flower and approach her on the street for the first time and say "hey pretty girl, here is a flower for you, would you like to go on a date with me?". She takes your flower and throws it in the bin and tells you she's not interested.

Now what should be your next step? Text her on her private phone number? Call her elder sister? Call her dad?

NO! Very bad idea.

Just find a new girl, perhaps Sweden.

But in all honesty, appeals do get approved here in Finland so you have a second chance.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:31 am

krapulassa wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:25 am
You have right to appeal. You do not have a right to stay in Finland. During appeal your stay will be tolerated. Negative decisions are bad for you and your immigration history and future applications.
Officials aren't allowed to treat applicants any differently during a pending appeal and there definitely is a right to stay during that period.

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 am

Catt00 wrote:
Hey guys
You got a negative decision for a reason. If you can remedy that you can appeal or reapply. If not it is a waste of time and money.

Catt00

Post by Catt00 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:43 am

rinso wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 am
Catt00 wrote:
Hey guys
You got a negative decision for a reason. If you can remedy that you can appeal or reapply. If not it is a waste of time and money.
Yes it can be remedied.. but am I able to get my passport back since everyone says I have right to stay when I appeal..

Catt00

Post by Catt00 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:45 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:31 am
krapulassa wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:25 am
Officials aren't allowed to treat applicants any differently during a pending appeal and there definitely is a right to stay during that period.
I’m glad to hear this thank you 🙏🏻