Confused

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Manu1991

Confused

Post by Manu1991 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:27 am

I couldn't decide where to post this query so I have posted it here.

My spouse Visa resident permit application is in process. In application, my husband mentioned that we will live in Finland only and not leave Finland. Even to the questions asked by Magri he answered that he is living with his parents and will continue to live with them.

However, the turning point is that now the situation has changed. The relationship between them has sored considerably that it has become difficult to live together now he is thinking to apply for a Rental apartment but the confusion is that whether it will have a negative impact on our application or not?

Kindly guide.

Confused

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Manu1991

Re: Confused

Post by Manu1991 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:54 pm

Kindly reply.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:45 pm

I think certain details might be relevant.
Manu1991 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:27 am
My spouse Visa resident permit application is in process.
You are applying for a residence permit based on a relationship with your husband, right? So, you are a non-EU national.
As far as I understand you are not applying for a relationship with your in-laws but with your husband, right?
Manu1991 wrote:
In application, my husband mentioned that we will live in Finland only and not leave Finland. Even to the questions asked by Magri he answered that he is living with his parents and will continue to live with them.
I am unsure why living with parents came up in the conversation, but ok.
Manu1991 wrote:
... situation has changed. The relationship between them has sored considerably that it has become difficult to live together now he is thinking to apply for a Rental apartment but the confusion is that whether it will have a negative impact on our application or not?
Your application is based on a relationship with your husband. Not on a relationship with the in-laws, or the accomodation.

Freedom to live anywhere is a right. So, I doubt if that can be taken as an issue. The only thing, as far as I can imagine is if your spouse has the means to support the living costs and the sponsorship, but if he is a EU national then I don't think that is an issue either, but do read through the Aliens Act.

Manu1991

Post by Manu1991 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:51 am

Got you!

Thank you so much