RP for studies URGENT question

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
intothewild123

Post by intothewild123 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 pm

Hello guys.

I am from Chile. I got my first RP (category B) in 2020 for a year until August 2021, however i have not traveled so far, as I joined all the lectures online. This semester I will study online too and will have completed 65 ECTS and I am planning to travel in July. In this sense, there is any problem with NO TRAVELING? I can travel at any time until the expiration of my RP? My RP is still active? When can I apply for the extension? I must be in finland for the extension or can apply from Chile when little left for the expiration? THANKS FOR UR ATTENTION

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: RP for studies URGENT question

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:57 am

intothewild123 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 pm
Hello guys.

I am from Chile. I got my first RP (category B) in 2020 for a year until August 2021, however i have not traveled so far, as I joined all the lectures online. This semester I will study online too and will have completed 65 ECTS and I am planning to travel in July. In this sense, there is any problem with NO TRAVELING? I can travel at any time until the expiration of my RP? My RP is still active? When can I apply for the extension? I must be in finland for the extension or can apply from Chile when little left for the expiration? THANKS FOR UR ATTENTION
You can travel on any day the permit is valid. If you apply in Chile, it will be handled as a first permit. In Finland it will be an extension.

intothewild123

Post by intothewild123 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:54 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:57 am
intothewild123 wrote:
Hello guys.

You can travel on any day the permit is valid. If you apply in Chile, it will be handled as a first permit. In Finland it will be an extension.

@betelgeuse Thanks a lot for the response. In this case, I do not need to speak to the embassy or inform migri before leaving for finland, right? I am afraid that I may face with a problem in the airport in Finland...

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 pm

intothewild123 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:54 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:57 am
intothewild123 wrote:
Hello guys.

@betelgeuse Thanks a lot for the response. In this case, I do not need to speak to the embassy or inform migri before leaving for finland, right? I am afraid that I may face with a problem in the airport in Finland...
At the airport they only check that you do have a valid residence permit.

Usually it would be a problem for the extension if you travel to Finland that late, but Migri knows that Finnish universities have switched to distance learning due to COVID-19.