How to track paper application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 pm

Hey everyone
I will apply for residence permit in the VFS ankara (paper application)
I want to know how ill be able to track my application progress and how ill be notified about the decision and if need to do an interview knowing that i dont live in turkey
On the website it says by mail , but mail service in my country is so bad and usually i have to go check by myself if there is any post for me

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: How to track paper application

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:20 am

Omajenn1234 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 pm
I want to know how ill be able to track my application progress and how ill be notified about the decision and if need to do an interview knowing that i dont live in turkey
If you want to track it, why not apply online and use the service to track progress?

Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:34 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:20 am
Omajenn1234 wrote:
If you want to track it, why not apply online and use the service to track progress?
Because the process will be so long and hectic , to apply online i have to send the marriage certificate to turkey to be legalised then they send it back to finland and then my wife should register the marriage in finland then we can apply online and book time for vfs in turkey ,while paper application i just book time and bring the documents and pay for the legalisation fee and the vfs will do the legalisation

Ive heard that i can track by calling but how ill be notified for possible interview And decision

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:45 pm

Omajenn1234 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:34 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Omajenn1234 wrote:
Because the process will be so long and hectic , to apply online i have to send the marriage certificate to turkey to be legalised then they send it back to finland and then my wife should register the marriage in finland then we can apply online and book time for vfs in turkey ,while paper application i just book time and bring the documents and pay for the legalisation fee and the vfs will do the legalisation

Ive heard that i can track by calling but how ill be notified for possible interview And decision
Have you considered submitting the electronic application from Turkey once the certificate is legalised? I don't see why paper vs. online would make a difference to whether the marriage needs to be registered in DVV.

Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:53 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:45 pm
Omajenn1234 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:34 pm
betelgeuse wrote:

Have you considered submitting the electronic application from Turkey once the certificate is legalised? I don't see why paper vs. online would make a difference to whether the marriage needs to be registered in DVV.
To apply online the marriage should be registered in the DVV while if i apply by paper no need or at least this is what the embassy and vfs are saying

Legalise the marriage certificate and submit it in the dvv would take extra months