Finnish Visa #LoveIsNotTourism

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
zayne

Post by zayne » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:07 am

Hello,

I am an EU citizen currently living and working in Finland. I have been in a long-distance relationship with my girlfriend from Russia and we haven't seen eachother in months. I would like her to visit me in Finland but we're not sure how to acquire a visa. Does anyone else have any experience with this during this difficult times for all of us?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kuzay

Re: Finnish Visa #LoveIsNotTourism

Post by Kuzay » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:51 am

Hi zayne, she needs to apply for a visa at one of the visa centers in Russia. Make sure you prepare an invitation letter for her. As far as I know it's possible to make a visa to visit your partner and Finland is also allows partners to enter Finland so far.
There are tons of info in Russian about how and where to apply and prepare the invitation letter.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:18 am

Kuzay wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:51 am
she needs to apply for a visa at one of the visa centers in Russia. Make sure you prepare an invitation letter for her. As far as I know it's possible to make a visa to visit your partner and Finland is also allows partners to enter Finland so far.
There are tons of info in Russian about how and where to apply and prepare the invitation letter.
Finland has suspended the reception of normal visa applications in March, and I am sure the OP already knows the normal procedures that applied before COVID-19.

Kuzay

Post by Kuzay » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Hi FinlandGirl, not sure what you mean by 'normal' visa applications but it's possible to apply for a Visa if your partner has a residence in Finland.
He/she needs to provide you an invitation letter and embassy will decide if you're eligible.