short trips to sweden

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
krapulassa

short trips to sweden

Post by krapulassa » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:21 pm

How does a 2 - 3 day trip to Sweden each month affect the continuity of residence for citizenship purposes? Is this continuity for 4 - 5 years checked again DVV records or border entry-exit records?

short trips to sweden

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: short trips to sweden

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:37 pm

krapulassa wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:21 pm
How does a 2 - 3 day trip to Sweden each month affect the continuity of residence for citizenship purposes? Is this continuity for 4 - 5 years checked again DVV records or border entry-exit records?
https://migri.fi/en/how-to-calculate-th ... -residence

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 am

krapulassa wrote:
Is this continuity for 4 - 5 years checked again DVV records or border entry-exit records?
It can also be checked afterwards, Finnish citizenship can be revoked if relevant information on travel or income or anything else was not truthful in the application.

It happens frequently that former spouses tell the police about such fraud involving residence or citizenship when a marriage ended in a not amicable way.

krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 am
It happens frequently that former spouses tell the police about such fraud involving residence or citizenship when a marriage ended in a not amicable way.
You bring a negative assumption to all your answers, that the op is trying to commit fraud. Can you please refrain from answering my questions in the future?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 am

krapulassa wrote:
Is this continuity for 4 - 5 years checked again DVV records or border entry-exit records?
krapulassa wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 am
FinlandGirl wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 am
You bring a negative assumption to all your answers, that the op is trying to commit fraud.
When you were asking whether the information you will give in your citizenship application will be checked, this implies that you are considering a fraudulent application.

An honest person would not care whether the information gets checked.

krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:33 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 am
When you were asking whether the information you will give in your citizenship application will be checked, this implies that you are considering a fraudulent application.

An honest person would not care whether the information gets checked.
Yes an honest person would care, for example, if they have forgotten all the trips they have taken outside of Finland and maybe they now want to use the same method to retrieve their travel history as some other govt department would and ensure that the travel history is accurate before submitting it.

Now I would really really appreciate that you do not answer any of my questions any more.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:58 am

It assume that my gender neutral remark about someone with repeatedly negative comments on your post, have been removed and I was issued a warning for it saying:
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"
I do not know for sure because the link in the warning issued to me, is referring to a blank page with the notification that I am not authorized to watch this board.

If true,... seems that I hit a nerve there.. hence obviously there was sent a compliant about my post.

It seems strange to me that telling the truth is not appreciated here even when it is not nice, but ok, I will comply and not tell anything negative and not nice here about that person.

However it does make me wonder why a negative remark about someone making all the time negative remarks is moderated away.

On topic, when I needed to fill in such information when I came to Finland and had to import my car (then still free of tax) I added just the total estimate and mentioned it was an estimate and that real exact dates were not available to me anymore. As long as the estimate is clearly much below the maximum allowed for a related issue, there should not be a problem.