URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
ferryto
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:03 pm

URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by ferryto » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:22 pm

Hello. I am from Chile and have a student resident permit. Currently I'm in Finland and my wife wants to visit me in Finland, stay for some days and get back to Chile. She is chilean, so she doesnt need visa for entering schengen area. In this case, taking into account the current pandemic situation, can she visit me in finland with only her passport (she doesnt have not residence permit). How is the proccess? Please explain. Thnk.



URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

betelgeuse
Posts: 3830
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:12 am

ferryto wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:22 pm
Hello. I am from Chile and have a student resident permit. Currently I'm in Finland and my wife wants to visit me in Finland, stay for some days and get back to Chile. She is chilean, so she doesnt need visa for entering schengen area. In this case, taking into account the current pandemic situation, can she visit me in finland with only her passport (she doesnt have not residence permit). How is the proccess? Please explain. Thnk.
A marriage certificate in English is helpful.

https://raja.fi/en/guidelines-for-borde ... g-pandemic

heretostay
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by heretostay » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:27 am

Make sure she has a copy of your residence permit to show the airline also.

ferryto
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:03 pm

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by ferryto » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 pm

Thanks for the response. She doesnt know English, so any issue with it in the airport of Helsinki? She will have to explain why she wants to visit me etc.?

betelgeuse
Posts: 3830
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:46 pm

ferryto wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 pm
Thanks for the response. She doesnt know English, so any issue with it in the airport of Helsinki? She will have to explain why she wants to visit me etc.?
If communication doesn’t work otherwise, they will have to resort to an interpreter in secondary.

Kuzay
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by Kuzay » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi, please prepare an invitation letter for her either in English or Finnish where you explain all the details of her visit.
This could be very helpful if she won't be able to explain by herself and will increase her chances to pass the border.

Good luck!

FinlandGirl
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:57 pm

ferryto wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:22 pm
I am from Chile and have a student resident permit. Currently I'm in Finland and my wife wants to visit me in Finland, stay for some days and get back to Chile. She is chilean, so she doesnt need visa for entering schengen area. In this case, taking into account the current pandemic situation, can she visit me in finland with only her passport (she doesnt have not residence permit). How is the proccess?
Tomorrow or in a few weeks?
Whatever rules apply today might be irrelevant in a month.

The pandemic started a year ago, but the government still lacks any kind of long-term planning to the extend that it announces on Sunday afternoon which restaurants have to close on Monday.

Prime Minister Sanna Marin says she wants a quarantine requirement for people entering the country, but it is unpredictable what her government will actually do.

ferryto
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:03 pm

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by ferryto » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:51 pm

Plans changed... So, I booked my ticket to Chile and am going to travel with her back to Finland in a month. In this case, what do you recommend?
Last edited by ferryto on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

yrtti
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Re: URGENT Family member traveling to Finland

Post by yrtti » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:08 am

ferryto wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:51 pm
Plans changed... So, I booked my ticket to Chile and am going to travel with her back to Finland in a month. In this case, what do you recommend?
The recommendation is to not go at all. This is not the time for a trip...


Post Reply