Finnish bank account and DVV

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ferryto

Post by ferryto » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:05 am

Hi. I want to open a bank account (via NORDEA, debit account) and have some doubts respectively. I am a student (with RP studies) and do not have Registration of a foreigner in the Population Information System, Is it possible to open a bank account without it? (And if not), if I make registration for DVV, in how many days I will have DVV registration completed? Must I deposit money for openning the bank account (if yes, how much)? Approx how much is the commission fee monthly for using bank account? And finally do you recommend Nordea, or any other option? thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Finnish bank account and DVV

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:06 am

ferryto wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:05 am
Hi. I want to open a bank account (via NORDEA, debit account) and have some doubts respectively. I am a student (with RP studies) and do not have Registration of a foreigner in the Population Information System, Is it possible to open a bank account without it? (And if not), if I make registration for DVV, in how many days I will have DVV registration completed? Must I deposit money for openning the bank account (if yes, how much)? Approx how much is the commission fee monthly for using bank account? And finally do you recommend Nordea, or any other option? thanks
You are required to register yourself on the population information system so why the conditionality? Every resident is entitled to basic banking services. I leave browsing the prices from their website to you or others.