RP for Spouse 2021 (Other Nationals)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Rambo009

Post by Rambo009 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:17 am

Hello everyone,

Anyone here who has applied for a spouse RP in 2021, dependent on the other Nationals (non Finnish Nationals). My spouse has applied in January 2021 but still no progress on the application. so if someone has a similar date or experience ? Also if someone can guide me to the similar thread in this forum (if there is one). Thank you and have a good day and spring all !

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Souka

Re: RP for Spouse 2021 (Other Nationals)

Post by Souka » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi , there is no progress for my husband too , we applied from morroco on line , he present the I’d on 23/2 but no respond . I wish you a good luck and hear a good news this month

Rambo009

Post by Rambo009 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 am

Hi Souka,

Thanks for the reply, hopefully we will get the decision soon. I wish you all the best :thumbsup:

Kinghypo

Post by Kinghypo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:12 pm

My spouse also applied in January and still no news yet we keep our fingers crossed.

Kinghypo

Post by Kinghypo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:10 pm

Any update from anyone here? Still waiting no update from my side...

Souka

Post by Souka » Sat May 01, 2021 12:54 am

No I just check today they still have 300 applications before our application. What about you do you check on the robot chat , you ask him : check my place in the queue ? Than he swill give you how many applications before you

Leili60

Post by Leili60 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:24 pm

Thanks for information. My husband is also waiting from January and no news. Although I have citizenship, I think both are on the same queue. I will update any news here. Fingers crossed !

Kinghypo

Post by Kinghypo » Sat May 01, 2021 7:42 pm

I still have over 260 before mine when I checked with the robot

Souka

Post by Souka » Wed May 05, 2021 11:10 am

I wish that you recive a good news this month , please when you recive the decision inform us to celebrate with you , good luck

Kinghypo

Post by Kinghypo » Wed May 05, 2021 4:23 pm

Will update and post news when we get it.

james81

Post by james81 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:06 pm

Hello , i came to Finland on January with tourist visa and I have applied for the resident permit on 23/2 but still 657 before mine and still no answer . My wife Finnish citizen by the way . I just wanted to share my application statuation too.
Last edited by james81 on Fri May 07, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crauter

Post by crauter » Fri May 14, 2021 12:19 pm

Hi,
I have also applied resident permit mid November 2020. And still I have 138 people ahead of me.
Must be in patient. During the pandemie situation it is going little bit slow I guess.

jvihrea

Post by jvihrea » Sat May 15, 2021 8:31 pm

I am a spouse of a Finnish citizen. With residence application approval waiting times being up 9 months, I am planning to cancel the application I initiated in the US, eat the $800 application (& associated) fees, move to Finland and reapply there. With the current housing market in the US being so 'hot', we can get a lot more for selling our house now and want to move to Finland this fall, 2021. We also have a house waiting for us in Finland, but it may not wait until next year.

Have any of you moved to Finland with your Finnish spouse and then applied? Migri states the following on https://migri.fi/hakemuksen-kasittelyvaiheet:

"2) If you come to Finland in the middle of a case and want to stay here and wait for a decision, you must withdraw your application outside Finland and reapply for a residence permit in Finland. A new processing fee will be charged for an application submitted in Finland.

3) If you have submitted your application in Finland, you can stay in Finland during the processing period of the application, even if the visa-free period of stay or the validity of your visa expires during this period."

Thanks for any information you have to share!

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat May 15, 2021 10:59 pm

jvihrea wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:31 pm
I am a spouse of a Finnish citizen. With residence application approval waiting times being up 9 months, I am planning to cancel the application I initiated in the US, eat the $800 application (& associated) fees, move to Finland and reapply there. With the current housing market in the US being so 'hot', we can get a lot more for selling our house now and want to move to Finland this fall, 2021. We also have a house waiting for us in Finland, but it may not wait until next year.

Have any of you moved to Finland with your Finnish spouse and then applied? Migri states the following on https://migri.fi/hakemuksen-kasittelyvaiheet:

"2) If you come to Finland in the middle of a case and want to stay here and wait for a decision, you must withdraw your application outside Finland and reapply for a residence permit in Finland. A new processing fee will be charged for an application submitted in Finland.

3) If you have submitted your application in Finland, you can stay in Finland during the processing period of the application, even if the visa-free period of stay or the validity of your visa expires during this period."

Thanks for any information you have to share!
For how long are you already waiting?
A bigger worry is that the waiting time also restarts, so if you apply in autumn in Finland you will get a decision in summer 2022.
You cannot work or travel abroad while waiting in Finland for the decision.

Applying abroad does not remove your option to come for 90 days with a visa or visa-free (if you are a US citizen) as a tourist to Finland.
It is worth considering whether the timing works if you keep your residence in the US when coming to Finland, and plan a (potentially longer) visit to the US in winter.
What makes sense for you also depends on whether you are a US citizen who wants to visit family and friends in the US for Christmas, or a foreigner in the US who might not ever go back there.

jvihrea

Post by jvihrea » Sun May 16, 2021 2:28 am

Thanks for the response, Finland Girl. I just applied this week and then discovered the Migir posting. The wait from US may be as long as February 2022. I don't want to miss this seller's market in the US.

We have a lot of family in Finland and are not likely to fly back to the US until 2022-23. We are anxious to get over to FI and set up our household. Given that, we'd rather sell of in the US and head on over. The way I read the Migri posting.I can apply from Helsinki and then wait for my RP without worrying about violating the Schengen treaty (90 day stays every 180 days).

Have other US citizens stayed over 90 days while waiting for the RP?

Thanks Again FG!

Jaska