Brexit Application: Additional Request

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi!
I am a bit confused about how to answer a question in the additional request for the application of right of residence under brexit withdrawal agreement. How to answer if the question is asking about any changes in the applicant's situation and then states "for example in your health or family ties". Family ties is easy one to answer. But how to answer health situation. I wouldn't think Migri would ask that. Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Brexit Application: Additional Request

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:38 pm

Maaria wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:18 pm
Hi!
I am a bit confused about how to answer a question in the additional request for the application of right of residence under brexit withdrawal agreement. How to answer if the question is asking about any changes in the applicant's situation and then states "for example in your health or family ties". Family ties is easy one to answer. But how to answer health situation. I wouldn't think Migri would ask that. Thanks in advance.
Health situation is relevant for section 51 at least.

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:17 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:38 pm
Maaria wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:18 pm
Hi!
Health situation is relevant for section 51 at least.

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf
Does this apply to residence right under EU law or brexit WA?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:56 pm

Maaria wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:17 pm
No, the section is about a residence permit category to fall back on.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:47 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:56 pm
Maaria wrote:
Thanks. Do you have any idea how to answer this question? What type of info about health situation Migri is looking for?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:22 am

Maaria wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:47 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Maaria wrote:
Thanks. Do you have any idea how to answer this question? What type of info about health situation Migri is looking for?
Did you read the section?

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:50 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:22 am
Maaria wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:47 am
betelgeuse wrote:

Did you read the section?

Yes I read section 51. It talks about granting a temporary residence permit if the applicant is unable to return to his or her home country or the country of permanent residence due to temporary health reasons.

But it doesn't seem to apply to the application I am referring to, which is residence under EU law or brexit WA. That's why I asked you if it applies in this situation. And you said no, it's just about a category to fall back on, which doesn't apply to application in question. So I am trying to understand how to answer that question.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:43 pm

Maaria wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:50 pm
But it doesn't seem to apply to the application I am referring to, which is residence under EU law or brexit WA. That's why I asked you if it applies in this situation. And you said no, it's just about a category to fall back on, which doesn't apply to application in question. So I am trying to understand how to answer that question.
If your application is denied, then section 51 is relevant for the deportation process. Answering the questions doesn’t usually require domain knowledge. If one wants to hide things, then one should consult a lawyer.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:18 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:43 pm
Maaria wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:50 pm
If your application is denied, then section 51 is relevant for the deportation process. Answering the questions doesn’t usually require domain knowledge. If one wants to hide things, then one should consult a lawyer.
Thanks for your reply. There is nothing to hide. They are not even denying the application. They are giving a choice to keep the current residence right under EU law since we have a child with EU citizenship or continue with brexit application. They asked to reply whether to keep the current residence under EU law or continue with brexit was. If chosen to keep the current residence permit then they would refund the brexit WA application fee. Then next paragraph they asked about it. Family ties question is clear. But heal situation we don't know what to say really. There is nothing to say other than minor visits to health center. So I am trying to understand the scope of this question. Should all health center or hospital visits be reported in this reply? Question makes a broad reference to health.