fiancée from Russia to Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
jaatelo

Re: fiancée from Russia to Finland

Post by jaatelo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Kuzay wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:57 pm
I understand where your thoughts come from and most people think the same at first (personally, I thought the same). In reality, many people get a 'tourist visa' and mention "Marriage" as a purpose of visit. It is 'genuine and true', just like you said. As I mentioned before, there's no 'Wedding visa' in Finland, so it totally makes sense to provide tourist visas for the people who want to get married in Finland, because there's just no other option.
Don't you think Finland would refuse visa applications, just to limit the number of marriages in the country? :)
Finland does not have a mature immigration system. In United states, for example, a mail order bride from Russia can claim a green card based on an American spouse. US immigration was not too happy about that. if you mention 'marriage' on any tourist visa application to the UK, NZ, Australia, Canada, it will mostly likely be denied.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail-order_bride

This would be considered an illegal marriage in the united states and therefore usa stopped giving tourist visas to mail order brides long time ago.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kuzay

Post by Kuzay » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:04 pm

jaatelo wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:14 pm
Kuzay wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:57 pm
I understand where your thoughts come from and most people think the same at first (personally, I thought the same). In reality, many people get a 'tourist visa' and mention "Marriage" as a purpose of visit. It is 'genuine and true', just like you said. As I mentioned before, there's no 'Wedding visa' in Finland, so it totally makes sense to provide tourist visas for the people who want to get married in Finland, because there's just no other option.
Don't you think Finland would refuse visa applications, just to limit the number of marriages in the country? :)
Finland does not have a mature immigration system. In United states, for example, a mail order bride from Russia can claim a green card based on an American spouse. US immigration was not too happy about that. if you mention 'marriage' on any tourist visa application to the UK, NZ, Australia, Canada, it will mostly likely be denied.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail-order_bride

This would be considered an illegal marriage in the united states and therefore usa stopped giving tourist visas to mail order brides long time ago.
Yeah, USA has very strict rules and procedures when it comes to immigration. Finland is more 'friendly' in these terms.