question regarding to resident permit extension based on intimate relationship

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
quietmonk

Post by quietmonk » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 pm

Hello,
I have been living in Finland for four years as a student, still continuing my studies. I have met someone I wanna get married with, so we decided to get married but due to the corona situation documents I needed to collect to marry is delayed, my residence permit will expire next month, that is why I decided I would like to apply for a residence permit on other ground- an intimate relationship because I am not married yet or can't fulfill cohabitant partner requirements. Also, I am working but my right of work limited as my previous permit granted based on studies. In this regard, I have few questions on my mind-

1.As a written statement of personal income is it alright if I show my work contract and last salary paper, with a bank statement?
2.A proof of living together and dating, is it enough to submit an extract from Maistraatti plus an email copy of the application and discussion related to getting married with the digital population system?
3. attachments - On migri website it is written I will need my passport, passport photos, color copies of passport page containing personal data, form for clarification of family ties, a free form letter of the reasons why applying for the residence permit on the grounds of an intimate relationship, do I need to attach anything else?
4. what type of permit it will be, A or B ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: question regarding to resident permit extension based on intimate relationship

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:44 am

quietmonk wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 pm
Hello,
I have been living in Finland for four years as a student, still continuing my studies. I have met someone I wanna get married with, so we decided to get married but due to the corona situation documents I needed to collect to marry is delayed, my residence permit will expire next month, that is why I decided I would like to apply for a residence permit on other ground- an intimate relationship because I am not married yet or can't fulfill cohabitant partner requirements. Also, I am working but my right of work limited as my previous permit granted based on studies. In this regard, I have few questions on my mind-

1.As a written statement of personal income is it alright if I show my work contract and last salary paper, with a bank statement?
2.A proof of living together and dating, is it enough to submit an extract from Maistraatti plus an email copy of the application and discussion related to getting married with the digital population system?
3. attachments - On migri website it is written I will need my passport, passport photos, color copies of passport page containing personal data, form for clarification of family ties, a free form letter of the reasons why applying for the residence permit on the grounds of an intimate relationship, do I need to attach anything else?
Presumably you haven’t considered that the intimate relationship RP has even more restricted right to work. The answer to 1 is then most likely that the work contract is not accepted due to not having the right to continue working.

FinlandGirl

Re: question regarding to resident permit extension based on intimate relationship

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:06 pm

quietmonk wrote:

It was already mentioned that when you are granted a residence permit on other grounds for an intimate relationship (which does not include the right to work), this removes the right to work you had on a residence permit based on studies.
quietmonk wrote:
For proof of living together Migri writes what they want.

Both the letter and the attachments supporting the letter are free form for the residence permit on other grounds.
What attachments make sense to support your letter depends on the letter.
If the letter claims that you intend to get married, attaching documentation supporting that makes sense.
If the letter claims you spent Christmas together with the family of your partner, attaching a photograph of that would make sense.
quietmonk wrote:
Type B

quietmonk

Post by quietmonk » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 am

Thank you very much for your reply, actually, I can apply based on studies again but I was thinking of getting married so I thought it could be better if I apply with relationship status so I would get more time to apply based on family ties. Also, If It is B type permit and has a very restricted right to work, would it make me eligible to apply for Kela support ( though I absolutely have no intention of using Kela money)?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 am

quietmonk wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 am
Thank you very much for your reply, actually, I can apply based on studies again but I was thinking of getting married so I thought it could be better if I apply with relationship status so I would get more time to apply based on family ties. Also, If It is B type permit and has a very restricted right to work, would it make me eligible to apply for Kela support ( though I absolutely have no intention of using Kela money)?
You might be covered through work already.

https://www.kela.fi/web/en/from-other-c ... ed-persons

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:07 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 am
quietmonk wrote:

It is unlikely that "If you come to Finland as an employee" would apply to people who came to Finland as a student and have only a limited right to work.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:28 am

quietmonk wrote:
I can apply based on studies again but I was thinking of getting married so I thought it could be better if I apply with relationship status so I would get more time to apply based on family ties.
Getting a decision for a residence permit on the basis of an intimate relationship takes around a year, and removes your right to work.

Applying on the basis of family ties after marriage also takes nearly a year to get a decision.

The fastest way to a full right to work is to apply as a student now, and when applying for a residence permit based on your job after graduation you will immediately be allowed to work full-time:
https://migri.fi/en/degree-completed-in-finland

You can also get a residence permit for job-seeking after graduation:
https://migri.fi/en/extended-permit-to-look-for-work

quietmonk

Post by quietmonk » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:46 pm

does RP base on cohabitant partner work same as Intimate relationship one?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:52 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:07 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 am
quietmonk wrote:

It is unlikely that "If you come to Finland as an employee" would apply to people who came to Finland as a student and have only a limited right to work.
The relevant quote from the page is: "You can become entitled to social security coverage in Finland on the basis of employment even if you are not permanently resident here. "

This is repeated on the student page: " If you work in Finland alongside the studies, you can become entitled to benefits on the basis of your employment also when your residence in Finland is not considered permanent. One requirement for entitlement to benefits on the basis of employment is that the wage amounts to at least EUR 726.27 per month."

https://www.kela.fi/web/en/from-other-c ... esearchers

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:43 pm

quietmonk wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:46 pm
does RP base on cohabitant partner work same as Intimate relationship one?
It doesn't. Cohabitation is A.

quietmonk

Post by quietmonk » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Thank you so much for this valuable information. I believe I will stick with my study RP.