Changing of residence permit application during processing time

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
linpaco

Post by linpaco » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm

If I have applied for Intimate Relation Residence permit and during the processing time we get married can I change the application to spousal RP? or do I need to apply for fresh application?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Changing of residence permit application during processing time

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:20 am

linpaco wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm
If I have applied for Intimate Relation Residence permit and during the processing time we get married can I change the application to spousal RP? or do I need to apply for fresh application?
Migri wrote:
I have applied for a residence permit on the grounds of work and I just got married. May I change the grounds for my application? How do I do that?

You may change the grounds for your application if you have not yet received a decision on your application.

If you wish to change the grounds for your application to family ties, you need to fill in a new application. Your spouse must fill in the clarification of family ties form. In the field reserved for additional information, state that you are changing the grounds for your application. For further information on submitting an application, see Moving to Finland to be with a family member.

We also recommend withdrawing your earlier application. A new application fee will be charged for the new application on the basis of the grounds for the application. Do not delay the application. If a decision is made on your old application before you initiate your new application, the new application will be placed last in the processing queue

If you wish, you may stay in Finland with a residence permit granted on the grounds of work and apply later for a permit extension on the grounds of marriage. Please note that the residence permit type (A or B permit) makes a difference when you are applying for a permanent residence permit. A permanent residence permit may be granted after you have stayed in Finland with a continuous residence permit (A permit) for four years without interruption.
https://migri.fi/en/faq-residence-permits

linpaco

Re: Changing of residence permit application during processing time

Post by linpaco » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:34 pm

Migri wrote:
I have applied for a residence permit on the grounds of work and I just got married. May I change the grounds for my application? How do I do that?

You may change the grounds for your application if you have not yet received a decision on your application.

If you wish to change the grounds for your application to family ties, you need to fill in a new application. Your spouse must fill in the clarification of family ties form. In the field reserved for additional information, state that you are changing the grounds for your application. For further information on submitting an application, see Moving to Finland to be with a family member.

We also recommend withdrawing your earlier application. A new application fee will be charged for the new application on the basis of the grounds for the application. Do not delay the application. If a decision is made on your old application before you initiate your new application, the new application will be placed last in the processing queue

If you wish, you may stay in Finland with a residence permit granted on the grounds of work and apply later for a permit extension on the grounds of marriage. Please note that the residence permit type (A or B permit) makes a difference when you are applying for a permanent residence permit. A permanent residence permit may be granted after you have stayed in Finland with a continuous residence permit (A permit) for four years without interruption.
https://migri.fi/en/faq-residence-permits

Does this mean that the applicant have to pay the new application fee (i.e. 470€) while they have already paid for previous application (520€)?