Will my residence permit application be on hold

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:09 am

Hey everyone

Im really confused and stressed about the situation im in

I applied for residence permit on family basis since my wife is finnish . Paper application since my country doesnt have finnish embassy .

Two days ago my wife got around 10 questions by mail and she already answered them and sent the answers in the secured email

Migri also asked us to register our marriage in the dvv , we contacted the dvv they said that they want the original marriage certificate leglalised , our certificate is with the embassy in turkey, dvv girl yesterday told us that fine just let embassy send you copy and you send it to us , so i contacted them and they sent me copy of it , dvv today said thats not enough , they want the embassy itself to contact them and say yes this marriage is true and we have the documents . Now i contacted the embassy again and i hope they help us .

I have many questions here

My wife got the questions but i got nothing , is that normal? Im afraid that migri is trying to reach me in old ways like mail or something , because normal mail doesnt work well in my country also international mail takes too long , in the questions paper it mentions nothing about me going to interview or anything , is that normal ?

I tried so hard to know the way migri would contact me but with no luck , or how ill be notified about the decision??

Dvv is saying registering for the marriage takes 9 weeks , will my residence permit be on hold for this 9 weeks ? Tbh thats unbelievably frustrating , we didnt know that we have to do this step from the beginning .

Is it good idea to contact migri by email and ask them about my questions? Because i heard that this may make the process slower

Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Will my residence permit application be on hold

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Koka201910 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:09 am
Migri also asked us to register our marriage in the dvv , we contacted the dvv they said that they want the original marriage certificate leglalised , our certificate is with the embassy in turkey, dvv girl yesterday told us that fine just let embassy send you copy and you send it to us , so i contacted them and they sent me copy of it , dvv today said thats not enough , they want the embassy itself to contact them and say yes this marriage is true and we have the documents . Now i contacted the embassy again and i hope they help us .

My wife got the questions but i got nothing , is that normal? Im afraid that migri is trying to reach me in old ways like mail or something , because normal mail doesnt work well in my country also international mail takes too long , in the questions paper it mentions nothing about me going to interview or anything , is that normal ?

I tried so hard to know the way migri would contact me but with no luck , or how ill be notified about the decision??

Dvv is saying registering for the marriage takes 9 weeks , will my residence permit be on hold for this 9 weeks ? Tbh thats unbelievably frustrating , we didnt know that we have to do this step from the beginning .

Is it good idea to contact migri by email and ask them about my questions? Because i heard that this may make the process slower
You should ask Migri, especially if you are worried that questions might not reach you.

Do you have the number of the woman you talked with yesterday?
She is likely the one who would have sent you a letter.

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:36 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:21 pm
Koka201910 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:09 am

You should ask Migri, especially if you are worried that questions might not reach you.

Do you have the number of the woman you talked with yesterday?
She is likely the one who would have sent you a letter.
My wife called this girl in dvv yesterday but she doesnt know her name, but when she called today they told her to let the embassy send the email not us
I dont know if we call tomorrow what they have surprise for us

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:49 pm

Does your wife speak Finnish? If she does, why does not she ask the official's name or more clarifications?

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:17 pm

inkku wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:49 pm
Does your wife speak Finnish? If she does, why does not she ask the official's name or more clarifications?
She was trying to call migri yesterday but no one answered