Permanent Residence Permit processing time

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sunnydale

Post by Sunnydale » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:23 pm

Can those who submitted for PR recently and recieved it share their experience about the processing time?

I just saw the processing time is 9 to 11 months now :( and it was 5 to 8 months just some days ago

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rash2312

Re: Permanent Residence Permit processing time

Post by rash2312 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Hi,

So what is your status now regarding the permanent residence permit. I also applied in July and when I check my place in queue it says still 680 applications before me.

So I guess it's gonna take quite a long time 🙄.

Kind regards

winfred

Post by winfred » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:14 am

Mine wasn't that recent, I submitted it in December 2020 and received it on June this year, so took 6 months, I kept on checking with the robot about my place in queue and one day it jumped from 70 to getting a decision.

Oak1

Post by Oak1 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi,
It depends if it's a residence permit for the first time or a renewal of a residence permit.
Mine was 9 monthes for the first time.
For the renewal, it was about the same period to get the decision,in my case it was a negative decision then I made an appeal to the court of Helsinki and got a positive decision after 14 monthes of waiting,so the whole period for me to get renewed my work permit was almost 23 months in total! Wow!

My advice to you is just to live your life as normal and don't sit and think about the decision so much, just live your life and don't count the days and the months..etc..enjoy your life and enjoy every moment in it! :)

My regards and best wishes to all of you.