Getting visiting VISA after after negative decision on RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
cheesesticksgromit

Post by cheesesticksgromit » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:56 am

Hi, I've submitted other grounds RP in order to be with my parents (I'm over 18, non-EU) and the reason for my decision is "The requirements of the Alien Act for granting residence permit are not met". I believe my letter in the application is not strong enough. Now onto the VISA matter, I have a sponsor which is my stepfather and he is a Finnish citizen and I will use a sponsor. I'd like to know if the negative decision on RP can increase the chance of my VISA getting denied, Thanks.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Getting visiting VISA after after negative decision on RP

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 pm

cheesesticksgromit wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:56 am
Hi, I've submitted other grounds RP in order to be with my parents (I'm over 18, non-EU) and the reason for my decision is "The requirements of the Alien Act for granting residence permit are not met". I believe my letter in the application is not strong enough.
Children over the age of 18 are not family members for residence permit purposes, your letter does not matter without a valid reason for being granted an RP.
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:56 am
Now onto the VISA matter, I have a sponsor which is my stepfather and he is a Finnish citizen and I will use a sponsor. I'd like to know if the negative decision on RP can increase the chance of my VISA getting denied, Thanks.
Can you make a good case in the visa application that you will leave Finland at the date you state?

cheesesticksgromit

Post by cheesesticksgromit » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:24 am

Can you make a good case in the visa application that you will leave Finland at the date you state?
Even though I'd like to stay because my parents are old and pyschically ill. Yes, I have no intention of overstaying if it's not possible. We are legit people we don't cheat the system.
Last edited by cheesesticksgromit on Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:43 am

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:24 am
Even though I'd like to stay because my parents are old and pyschically ill. Yes, I have no intention of overstaying if it's not possible. We are legit people we don't cheat the system.
You don't have to convince me, you have to make a convincing visa application.