American Women's Club of Finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
jvrijn

Post by jvrijn » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:47 pm

Hi Kat. My girlfriend is from Florida and is just sorting through this stuff. Send me your e-mail address through PM and I'll put you in touch.

/Jeroen

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:30 pm

I think it is for the housewives of rich husbands who have nothing else to do except try finding vanilla extract and convert fahrenheits to celsius for the next coctail party... :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

gavin

Post by gavin » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:06 am

Hank W. wrote:I think it is for the housewives of rich husbands who have nothing else to do except try finding vanilla extract and convert fahrenheits to celsius for the next coctail party... :mrgreen:
I seem to remember writing a tirade of abuse about them on the old ESAF site...

They did respond with a reasonable sense of humour, but I really do think they are the incarnation of evil on this planet.

s h u d d e r

Just hearing the word 'committee' makes me want to go and kill small animals.

Cheers
Gavin

Donald

Re: American Women's Club of Finland?

Post by Donald » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:08 am

tigerlilies wrote::) Are there any other clubs for Americans in Finland?
Kat
Why look for others
When you found the best, .!

:wink:

Happy midsummer!

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:32 am

I know someone who has been to these meetings. It's a bunch of older women who have husbands working for Nokia or some other IT type position. They have little clubs and stuff.

. members have contacted them in the past and it seems they don't want to have much to do with us. They're not the beer guzzling partying types at all. :P

nehia_qom

Post by nehia_qom » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:09 pm

Phil wrote:. members have contacted them in the past and it seems they don't want to have much to do with us. They're not the beer guzzling partying types at all. :P
If you look through their interest groups bridge playing appears a couple of times that was enough to lose my interest.

But hey kat when you get here we can start our own American women in finland club. And sure Phil you can join :wink:

When choosing between two evils, always choose the one you haven't tried yet.
- Mae West

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:13 pm

and if anyone happens to find another British woman in this country let me know!! :cry:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:41 pm

nehia_qom wrote: But hey kat when you get here we can start our own American women in finland club. And sure Phil you can join :wink:
So instead of the "Rich&Retarded Housewive's Society" swapping hints on how to polish pearls, you'd be the "Poor&Trash Housewives' Society" swapping hints on how to change oil in the car :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:44 pm

Phil wrote: I know someone who has been to these meetings.
Yes I am sure you do. It wouldn't be by any chance the same person who left shortly after arriving at Kaivohuone last night (7pm was it?) because they drank a little too much 'pop' at Karaportti?! :P
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:28 pm

Sara wrote:and if anyone happens to find another British woman in this country let me know!! :cry:
Frans here, she's not been active on . for a while though.