Moving over Questions

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
efahey

Moving over Questions

Post by efahey » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I am moving over to Finland I am hoping in July, and it looks like I will have a job when I move over, problem is I haven't got it yet, and may not for a few more weeks. Could anyone tell me, sorta exactly wht I need to know about how long my Visa will take etc? I was told I can't step foot in the country unless I am planning to stay only 3 months unless I have a work visa. Everytime I call though they seem vague and short tempered though and its getting frusturating.

If anyone could tell me where exactly I should be going to get the Visa information, any ideas how long it will take, and what to expect? I'd like to make my flights, but don't want to till that Visa has arrived.

I am a U.S. Citizen.

THankyou

Efahey

Moving over Questions

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:16 pm

If you have a job waiting for you ..then your employer will help you with the "work permit" which you need to get the visa.
Ask your potential employer.
You have come on to the board at a bad time ....holiday week end..the real experts are...ahummm..in the bars..where i just left them..
Come back and check here same time tomorrow ..i am sure they will be able to give more advice then.