Applying for Wife's first residence permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
biswaroopbose

Re: Applying for Wife's first residence permit

Post by biswaroopbose » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:01 pm

well guys , the situation is complex and I have got stuck here. Lets see what the police has to say if I go and apply ....
Honestly couldn't see a way forward.

Finger's crossed !!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

buldozr

Post by buldozr » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 am

I think your wife can submit her application (and IIRC she has to do it in person wherever she is now) without the notarized marriage certificate presented, and agree to bring the certificate later. The application will be put on hold until all the required documents are provided.

harpreet

Post by harpreet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi ,

I understand your situation completely. I can give you practical examples to make it a little clear for you .
Firstly , three months back my friend applied for his wife's first residence permit without a Ministry of External affairs stamp and she got the RP on the
basis of family ties in exact two months. But they could not register as a couple in Maistraatti.
They were skeptical that their application would be rejected , but it wasn't. So You can take your chance and apply...and after your wife has applied...she can stay
awaiting for the decision. But Still , its your choice.

It is true that it will take more than 2 months to get your marriage certificate legalised in India.
Time taken by State Government - 2 months
Time taken by MEA - 1 Day ( I got it the same day )

Let me know if you need more information.

biswaroopbose

Post by biswaroopbose » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Harpreet,

many many thanks for your practical example. It really helped me and gave me confidence.

I was just browsing through the website of Finland immigration and I found that the average time for such RP to get approved and stamped it takes around 3-4 months. But just in case my assignment in Finland gets over within this 3-4 months and we as a family have to move back in India , then can you tell what will happen in that case, with regard to the following points :

1) Will it possible for my wife to fly back to India with me, as her tourist Visa will be getting over on 29th July

2) Is it possible for us to go to Delhi Finland embassy and get the RP visa stamping from there after we get intimation from the Immigration office that our application has been approved.

guls

Post by guls » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 pm

I think Harpeet is right.I got my first residence permit without a apostiled marriage certificate,for that matter even my 2 kids too got their first residence permits without their apostiled birth certificates.We all got our first residence permits together in much less than 2 months.We all are staying in Finland on an extended residence permit now.We produced the marriage certificate and our kids' birth certificates which are issued by Indian Authorities when first time we applied for our residence permit and second time we did not produce any such document as everything is already in the system .Its only that without apostile we can not register with Maistraatti as couple and as parents and probably to an extent we can not apply for kela benifits.I think there should not be any problem with the residence permit if everything is ok.U can get ur marriage certificate apostiled when u visit India.Even I will get the job done when I go to India.Still better confirm personally from the Embassy or police station.Finnish people in general are nice and helpful.Why would they mind giving u right advice.good luck.