Moving From Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
jwesthues

Moving From Finland

Post by jwesthues » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:11 am

It looks as if we will be leaving Finland for work reasons (meaning no job here, but have a job elsewhere). :( Oh well, life goes on, and it's just geagraphy anyway...

Does anyone know of good international (specifically transatlantic) movers (other than those listed on the "movers" sticky)? Just curious. Not sure how much of our household we'll be moving back yet. Depends on price, etc.

Thanks (in advance),
Jukka

Moving From Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Anttinewby

Post by Anttinewby » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:16 pm

We are moving from Finland to Scotland in September: the moving companies seemed like such a minefield that I am going to get a van with a mate and do it ourselves [HKI - Travemünde / Cuxhavn - Harwich]. Most of the removal companies (quite rightly for insurance reasons) seem to do all the packing, lifting etc., I don't really need any of that. If you are moving into a job, they often pay or at least contribute. The most well-known removal company is based in Rovaniemi, but if you are not sure what cubic metrage you are moving it seems hard to get a precise quote.

SMUDGE

moving

Post by SMUDGE » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:47 pm

try this firm:

http://www.travelcargo.fi

they can transport your goods - as cargo - at a fraction of the cost 'regular' removal firms charge due to limited insurance obligations.

much better than a 2 blokes, a van and 9 days travel across europe to scotland and back...hey antti ;-)

tiinajk

Post by tiinajk » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:30 pm

Smudge... Thanks for the tip!!! this looks like the prefect option for me... I have too much stuff to take as luggage back to Australia but not enough for full on removals!!! I can send most of my stuff off before I leave.

Thanks!!!
Tiina
Image Image