Visa application!!!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
joefal

Visa application!!!

Post by joefal » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:36 am

Hi Everyone!!!

I applied for my work visa to Finland and they say that for a residence permit it usually takes around 90 days which is a bit too long since i want to get there at the earliest and start work as soon as possible.Anyone knows how can i speed up the process so that i can get my visa atleast within a months time.

Thanks is advance
Joseph Falcao

Visa application!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Nathan Lillie

Re: Visa application!!!

Post by Nathan Lillie » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:50 am

joefal wrote:Hi Everyone!!!

I applied for my work visa to Finland and they say that for a residence permit it usually takes around 90 days which is a bit too long since i want to get there at the earliest and start work as soon as possible.Anyone knows how can i speed up the process so that i can get my visa atleast within a months time.

Thanks is advance
Joseph Falcao
90 days is fast for the immigration people. You'll be lucky to get it that quickly.
If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day,
You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
You have to places no other can get to.
You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.

If I Ran the Zoo, Dr. Suess

deojuvame

Post by deojuvame » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:04 am

Ask your employer to write a speed up request directly to the visa processing office.

joefal

Post by joefal » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:17 pm

Yes i did tell my employer to write a letter and speak to the Labour Office in Finland and he will do that in a few days time, But just wanted to know how long will that take after he speaks to the guys there :( :?: :?:

Alicia

Post by Alicia » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:53 pm

I was told that it would take 3 months for my first one (from the Finnish embassy in Australia who send it to Helsinki and back again). It took about 3 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed.

joefal

Post by joefal » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:34 pm

Oh cool that sound great I hope it happens in my case too :D :D :D but i heard that other countries issue the visas within a day or so is that true??

Just another clarification required
My employer has put in the date on the job offer letter for me to come there and start work as the 1st of August or even earlier and i filled up in the application form that i want to arrive there on the 10th of July i guess there should be no problem with that what do you think????

Thanks!!!!

joefal

Post by joefal » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:16 am

Also if the visa is not processed before the date that the employer put in is it necessary for me to reapply for the visa or should i just ask my employer to send a letter to the Labour Office in Finland stating an extension ???

Thanks Joe

Casey James Robinson

U.S.A processed my girlfriends application in three weeks

Post by Casey James Robinson » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:53 pm

My girlfriend recieved her work permits in 3 weeks. She only had two forms to fill out, and I had to sign a petition form for her. So many people say it is so hard to get to the U.S.A. I find it a lot harder to get in to Finland. my residence permit is still yet to be processed. I turned mine in 3 months ago, and my employer sent a speed request. I just said"forget it". So my girlfriend and I went to the U.S consultant, picked up the applications filled them out, the next thing I know she is now filing for social security in the U.S.A.
Sincerely,
Casey Robinson

Malla

Post by Malla » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:35 am

I got my resident visa really quick. I had my in a week. I made sure I had all forms and gave them all fully detailed information.
My was never sent to Helsinki, it was just processed in Australia.

joefal

Post by joefal » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:23 pm

Cool thats really GREAT!!!!!

What were the forms that you gave them??

And what is your work there in Finland??

My Employer send all the papers to the embassy here in India like the Job Offer papers and Accomodation and stuff, so i guess there should'nt be any reason as to why they need to send it to Finland Right. :? :?

What do you think??

Joe

lalc

Post by lalc » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:36 am

There is a process to speed up visas esp in cases such as yours. Call up Helsinki (you should get the number from the embassy where u applied for the visa) and tell them your case. They would ask you and your employer to send a fax asking them to speed up the process. I had got in 6 working days in total. After I send the fax, it just took a day!
-Lal
I prefer not doing it, if I can't be passionate about it.

dfordhiraj

Similar situation for RP Application.

Post by dfordhiraj » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:54 am

hi ,

I have a similar situation as is joefal facing :( ... I have applied for a RP Application as by my company over there... I applied it through the consulate in Helsinki on 28th June i.e. this monday. This was filled by my company over there... I need to reach finland by 5th Of July... that is monday next week... Is it possible to get the Residence permit done ?

Secondly I have filled the form UV 101... And idea how much time does it take to process the form... I have submitted only a copy of passport and two recent photographs... I was not asked to submit a copy of marksheets...

How is the process for speeding up the request done as someone has written I think lalc... Can you please elaborate on that... :?:
Dhiraj Chhajer
Phone No : 0417055230
Helsinki

lalc

Post by lalc » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:36 pm

If you talk to the embassy where you applied, they would give you a reference number. Use this reference number and put your case up. Tell them clearly your problem and that you need to start working on the 5th.

joefal

Post by joefal » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:48 am

Hi,

I did speak to the Visa Officer in India and he gave me a Registration number of the Application. He told me to tell my employer to talk to the guys there. Should I also fax them an Urgency letter stating the need???? I have to get there by the 10th as i said earlier and its been 15 days since i submitted the forms and got no reply so far :?

And another question In the application form I put in the first landing place as Finland. Is it possible for me to fly to Oslo, Norway first and then go ahead to Finland later or the opposite???Coz we have a meeting there and then i will travel to Finland with the rest of the guys.

Dhiraj please let me know if you get your visa by the 5th and also what special procedure did you follow :D :D. And regarding your marksheets i dont think it matters to them, as long as the Employer is happy with it.

Joe

lalc

Post by lalc » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:39 am

If you are from india, you need to get a reference number from Helsinki. The reference number from delhi is of no use! You will get that reference number only once your data is fed in the computer here. It seems to me that that hasnt yet happened. Once that is in place, it should be faster.

Yah, you could fax that letter. But you ought to make sure that your appication is in Helsinki and put it to the person responsible. You can pm me if u wish for any further details.