Car for Sale??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Jussi

Car for Sale??

Post by Jussi » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:16 pm

Hi All, looking to possibly purchase a finnish car, if there is one in ireland/UK to drive to finland with all my stuff, want to do some sight seeing on the way. anybody got any ideas on where i might find such a vehicle?? oh and what kind of vehicle? cheap i says.....

Car for Sale??

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:37 am

I have a car that you can buy once you get to Finland but that ain't going to help you.

Anyway it is a Metalic Green Mazda 626 1.8i Hatchback with 145000 kilometres on the clock. This car I am asking €7500 or near offer.

Yes that sounds expensive in UK/ Ireland terms but it is standard price in Finland. You can also check a website http://www.nettiauto.com for a guide on Finnish prices.

If you are interested please PM me.

Cheers

Jason [/url]

ilikepeanutbutter

Re: Car for Sale??

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:06 pm

Jussi wrote:Hi All, looking to possibly purchase a finnish car, if there is one in ireland/UK to drive to finland with all my stuff, want to do some sight seeing on the way. anybody got any ideas on where i might find such a vehicle?? oh and what kind of vehicle? cheap i says.....
I don't know about any vehicles like that, but there are alot of old cheapo cars here. I'd go for a 1990 Opel :) lol Not pretty but darn useful and dependable! We bought ours for under 70k kilometers for 1500 euros.

Katrina

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:13 am

Finding a Finnish plated car... theres 5 million of us how many Irish plates have I seen in Finland... hmmm.. about as many I suppose seeing Finnish plates in Ireland.

So you needs a so-called other-side-steering car, which you need to buy - if wanted to bring in as a moveable item - 6 months before the fact though. => http://www.tulli.fi has a lot of very small print on the issue.

And "cheap" ain't in on the equation in any of these cases.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Jussi

Post by Jussi » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:10 pm

oh.....i really want to take some belongings with me, and shipping is not really something i want to do. I kind of like the idea of driving to finland with my stuff...i dont want the car after i get there.....any other ideas????

mossman

Post by mossman » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:48 pm

Hei Jussi,

Check out this uk based site might solve your problem, also a good site for comparing prices,

http://www.transeuropean.co.uk/

presume you know about "import tax" etc. If not follow Hanks advice and read the small print :)
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:19 am

If its a van and a LHD, you can probably get rid of it easier. And less tax for vans (providing they fit the rules). Sweden and Estonia also son't have much import tax, but then again getting even the ferry charge covered is another thing.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.