Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ynginvstr

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:57 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Yeah, that’s pretty weird.

When I applied with my wife back on the 18th of May, the man was impressed by how prepared we were with our documents and forms. He said he’s confident the decision will be made sooner than nine months. Does anyone know of any examples of people who received a decision much sooner than nine months based on a family ties (spouse) application? I applied in Helsinki, so at least I get to stay here for however long it takes.
My application is 6 months old now. Haven't heard from them yet.
1st RP -- Family ties -- Spouse of Finnish Citizen.
I didn't apply through EnterFinland.
And I am from Morocco.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:45 pm

ynginvstr wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:57 pm
undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Yeah, that’s pretty weird.

When I applied with my wife back on the 18th of May, the man was impressed by how prepared we were with our documents and forms. He said he’s confident the decision will be made sooner than nine months. Does anyone know of any examples of people who received a decision much sooner than nine months based on a family ties (spouse) application? I applied in Helsinki, so at least I get to stay here for however long it takes.
My application is 6 months old now. Haven't heard from them yet.
1st RP -- Family ties -- Spouse of Finnish Citizen.
I didn't apply through EnterFinland.
And I am from Morocco.
Did you apply in Finland?

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 pm

[quote=undertakerfreak post_id=578780 time=1528472716 user_id=80554
Did you apply in Finland?
[/quote]
No, at the embassy of Finland in Morocco.

elNino

Post by elNino » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:38 pm

ynginvstr wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 pm
[quote=undertakerfreak post_id=578780 time=1528472716 user_id=80554
No, at the embassy of Finland in morocco

Hey, hope that you are fine, i hope you don't mind to ask you some questions, cause i'm going to apply soon, and not sure yet if i will apply online or in Embassy in Rabat.
i wanna ask if you get any answer yet ? and is there any big age difference ? and how many times your spouce visited you?
Because you waited long comparing to two guys applied in embassy in Rabat and got RP in less than 1 month

i wish you already got your RP. wish you the best

Pppts

Post by Pppts » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Today my husband got positive decision of RP, we have waited 8 months and 9 days. We waited about 6 months to be processed, then I answered questioners, my husband went for interview, I attached supplements and answered more questions. And thanks migri and God, that finally we got the good decision. Good luck everyone. <3 <3 <3

Achrafakil

Post by Achrafakil » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Congratulations finally😊😊😊 you applied paper not in enterfinland?
Which country is your husband?

Noon

Post by Noon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 pm

I finally got a positive decision today. I applied in march this year. This is my second rp application based on family ties because for my first one which i applied for in december 2016 we got a negative decision after one year of waiting (Dec 2017). I applied for the first Rp in my home country and after we got the decision, i came to Finland via Schengen visa and reapplied here. It was a rollercoaster ride but we are happy that the Rp stress is over. :D

bangalimahbub

Post by bangalimahbub » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:42 am

Noon wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 pm
I finally got a positive decision today. I applied in march this year. This is my second rp application based on family ties because for my first one which i applied for in december 2016 we got a negative decision after one year of waiting (Dec 2017). I applied for the first Rp in my home country and after we got the decision, i came to Finland via Schengen visa and reapplied here. It was a rollercoaster ride but we are happy that the Rp stress is over. :D
Hi. Kindly share your case. When you first time applied rp. Why they rejected, what was the reason ?
Is your spouse finnish citizen?
Where are you from?
Thanks.

Noon

Post by Noon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi. Kindly share your case. When you first time applied rp. Why they rejected, what was the reason ?
Is your spouse finnish citizen?
Where are you from?
Thanks.
[/quote]

My spouse is a finnish citizen, i am African. My first application was via paper and my interview was at Abuja Embassy. Reasons for rejection they quoted one section of the aliens act. If you check the earlier pages of this thread i was posting about it.