Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Fin1986

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Fin1986 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 am

Upphew wrote:
Fin1986 wrote:I applied for my spouse in Feb 2016 ... Processesing started in August as they asked for some questions and i replied in 2 days and since then there is no update .... i am a Finnish Citizen, and i have asked them but i have got same reply wait until 9 months . i dont know what is the problem . if you have asked for supplements and i replied to you so why is it taking so long to just give a decision .
You can't apply for your spouse. S/he must do the application, not you. See 1. and 4. http://www.migri.fi/our_services/faq/re ... its/family

My spouse applied her self .... we have received our decsion after 8 months of application yesterday . but it took too long to process . i think every one will be getting there decsions soon. i have called them several times and sent them emails as well . i think they should make different que for different application . its should not be like some people getting decsion in one month and s in 8 months Migri has to fix this thing ...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 pm

I am from India and my husband is Finnish. We got married in Finland in maistraatti in August and I filed for my resident permit based on family ties mid-August. Online status on migri shows "waiting for processing".
I was given an estimate of 2 months at the time I submitted documents in migri. I called them today and they said queue is very long and they are still processing applications from April. I should be ready to wait up to 9 months. I am feeling sad about it as I want to move on and start my job and also travel with my husband outside Finland and to India too. Can anyone tell me if they submitted application around this time and what to expect.

mlkm

Post by mlkm » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Noon wrote:Wow! congratulations. if i may ask is this his first residence permit? i understand the first permit is usually granted for one year.

cheers :D
Yes, it is his first residence permit. I also was surprised because I have read in this forum that usually the first one is for one year.

Manfromnorth

Post by Manfromnorth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:29 am

curiousgirl wrote:I am from India and my husband is Finnish. We got married in Finland in maistraatti in August and I filed for my resident permit based on family ties mid-August. Online status on migri shows "waiting for processing".
I was given an estimate of 2 months at the time I submitted documents in migri. I called them today and they said queue is very long and they are still processing applications from April. I should be ready to wait up to 9 months. I am feeling sad about it as I want to move on and start my job and also travel with my husband outside Finland and to India too. Can anyone tell me if they submitted application around this time and what to expect.
I believe no one replied so far as normally you don't know what to expect two months after applying only.

Today is our 1st anniversary and our RP process has been going on almost a full year, altough officially it's "only" 8 months as there was a long wait before my wife got appointment in the embassy. During the process we have seen each other a couple of weeks only. I called Migri two days ago to inquire about our status. They are always nice, but the Customer Service rep can only see the status which is "waiting for decision", no change since more than 2 months after providing them with answers to supplementary questions.

I wish timely process for you, however at the same time I wish we were in same situation with you and your spouse; at least we could live together and have more or less normal family life. I do understand your need to travel to your home country too....main issue is as a Finnish tax payer I am funding the Migri operations and we all have right to be treated as human beings; the management will have to renew their operation and resources and the only goal has to be processing time of weeks rather than several months.

Good luck to us all....or should I say God help us all.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Manfromnorth wrote: Today is our 1st anniversary and our RP process has been going on almost a full year, altough officially it's "only" 8 months as there was a long wait before my wife got appointment in the embassy. During the process we have seen each other a couple of weeks only. I called Migri two days ago to inquire about our status. They are always nice, but the Customer Service rep can only see the status which is "waiting for decision", no change since more than 2 months after providing them with answers to supplementary questions.

I wish timely process for you, however at the same time I wish we were in same situation with you and your spouse; at least we could live together and have more or less normal family life. I do understand your need to travel to your home country too....main issue is as a Finnish tax payer I am funding the Migri operations and we all have right to be treated as human beings; the management will have to renew their operation and resources and the only goal has to be processing time of weeks rather than several months.

Good luck to us all....or should I say God help us all.

Well it's sad to know the situation you guys are in. I thank my husband cos he refused to stay away after we got married and he insisted I file the permit from Finland.
It has not been easy for me leaving my job. I have never been without working like this and I feel bound. My husband is a good man so we are sailing through it. It's very important to understand and support each other at these times. (Courtesy migri :lol: ) I am taking driving and Finnish courses to pass my time.
I had a friend from Russia telling me yesterday that they called migri and asked about their permit to which they were replied that it will take 3 months. And their permit arrived in 2 weeks.
I wonder sometimes if people who file it in other migri offices than Helsinki like Oulu and Rovaniemi get it more quickly.
More power to all of us. Tsemppia!

FINEngineer

Post by FINEngineer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi
I am fin and my wife got resident permit today. Whole process the application was waiting to process until today when they asked supplementary questions.

Process time:
26.4.2017 online application
3.5.2017 visit migri
31.10.2017 suplementary question and answer
31.10.2017 Decision

uetian605

Post by uetian605 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:18 pm

FINEngineer wrote:Hi
I am fin and my wife got resident permit today. Whole process the application was waiting to process until today when they asked supplementary questions.

Process time:
3.5.2017 visit migri
31.10.2017 Decision

Hi congrats, when your application turn into processing, from wiating to process. and how long it stay in processing.
can you please share.
regards

FINEngineer

Post by FINEngineer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:08 pm

uetian605 wrote:

Process time:
3.5.2017 visit migri
31.10.2017 Decision

Hi congrats, when your application turn into processing, from wiating to process. and how long it stay in processing.
can you please share.
regards
Hi it was waiting to process whole time. Even when we got supplementary questions. We answered the questions in couple hours and after few hours we got decision from that.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:53 am

Process time:
3.5.2017 visit migri
31.10.2017 Decision
Congratulations. I think that April applications are almost over now and May applications have started. August still long way to go . :roll:

CHN

Post by CHN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:15 pm

curiousgirl wrote:

Process time:
3.5.2017 visit migri
31.10.2017 Decision
Congratulations. I think that April applications are almost over now and May applications have started. August still long way to go . :roll:
I am a March applicant, still waiting. Called them few days back, they said 9 months, nothing else shows. :) :shock: :?

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 am

CHN wrote:
I am a March applicant, still waiting. Called them few days back, they said 9 months, nothing else shows. :) :shock: :?
Hey but when I called them a week ago, they said April applications are going on.
I am an August applicant. My husband is Finnish.

Manfromnorth

Post by Manfromnorth » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:54 am

curiousgirl wrote:
CHN wrote:
Hey but when I called them a week ago, they said April applications are going on.
I am an August applicant. My husband is Finnish.
Well my wife applied in Feb and we soon have waited full 9 months. I believe migri needs to check some background info from originating country and in some countries it is much harder to get the info compared to others. So when migri people tell me max 9 months I honestly don't believe in that anymore. I think they have no idea.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 am

Manfromnorth wrote:
Well my wife applied in Feb and we soon have waited full 9 months. I believe migri needs to check some background info from originating country and in some countries it is much harder to get the info compared to others. So when migri people tell me max 9 months I honestly don't believe in that anymore. I think they have no idea.
Yes it looks like from this thread that migri has no information and no idea. I don't understand why they said to me 2 months approximately at the time of filing the application. Everyone on this thread is getting permit in random time. There is no fixed pattern.

Mamiewan

Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Mamiewan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:50 am

Hello everyone, I am so worried as I applied for family reunification for my minor children in February and since then it was on processing. Now even after providing birth certificates to proof our family ties and replied to supplementary questions, migri is still asking now for dna test. That I have also given my consent, but it takes long to get the test done plus results...I feel like they are just prolonging the case of which time is not on my side, as my eldest minor will turn 18 by December 20th this year. I feel fustrated as to why didn't they demand the dna test long ago, if they knew they couldn't rely on our birth certificates. Anybody with similar situations? Can I appeal if they suddenly make decisions negative that the child is above 18 on the day decision was made, its so fustrating, expensive, emotionally draining process.

Thanks in advance :-)

NepaleseGirl

Post by NepaleseGirl » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Hello guys

any new updates??