Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
uetian605

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by uetian605 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Hello,
Do any one has appointment in Finland embassy abudhabi in Decmeber 2017 and not planning to use it. My spouse has been asked for the oral hearing but frustrating part is, Finalnd Embassy abudhabi is giving appointment for March 2018.
These guys are dragging the things for long times, for no reasons.

really frustrated and looking to get an appointment.

Any idea would also be appreciated.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Does anyone has any latest info? Which month applications are being processed now?

Mamiewan

Post by Mamiewan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 pm

curiousgirl wrote:Does anyone has any latest info? Which month applications are being processed now?
I think they are processing april now because my kids visited embassy in april and migri has been asking for supplementary documents and its in progress..I think next month ending, they will go move to may :)

tann3138

Post by tann3138 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:20 am

Hi all,

We are non EU+EU and got married in Finland . She moved to Finland on work basis and I’m studying at the moment , we met each other while I was travelling then we get along my EU partner moved to Finland . So I need some info to apply apply for residence permit for Non-Eu.

We are married in Finland ,
She’s been living here from last 3 months and doing couple of part-time jobs,registered herself in migri since she wanna stay more than 3 months .

He’s been living in Finland for three years , studying and working some part-time jobs(Non-EU)

So do we both need to go to migri when he wants to prove identity or just himself is fine ?

Any payslips/work contract required( by anyone of us or doesn’t matter? ? ( I’ve been following websites but I prefer to ask someone who experienced this)

When they grant a permit for non-eu, how long do they issue ? One year ‘A’and later renewal or 5 years at a time ?

Thank you Kiitos Tack

Noon

Post by Noon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:04 pm

uetian605 wrote:Hello,
Do any one has appointment in Finland embassy abudhabi in Decmeber 2017 and not planning to use it. My spouse has been asked for the oral hearing but frustrating part is, Finalnd Embassy abudhabi is giving appointment for March 2018.
These guys are dragging the things for long times, for no reasons.

really frustrated and looking to get an appointment.

Any idea would also be appreciated.
Hello!
Is it possible to give someone else a slot? i remember sending the embassy an email that just in case someone cancels their appointment earlier than mine i would be happy to take the slot :D ; i asked for an interview date early 2016 Dec and i was given 28th Feb 2017. i just had to wait till my date. and i am still waiting for decision after 9 months since my interview date and exceeding the maximum processing time. laughable!

*And if i recall correctly, i thought your spouse applied in may?

NepaleseGirl

Post by NepaleseGirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 am

I have applied for my resident permit on 12th January 2017 and still waiting for my decision.

onlyforgame

Post by onlyforgame » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:45 am

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask what kind of supplement documents that migri requests you guys to send in?

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 am

As per migri appointment website, not many applications are coming now. Appointment slots are empty. The student applications have already been cleared. I believe applications should be processed faster now.

Noon

Post by Noon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:01 pm

NepaleseGirl wrote:I have applied for my resident permit on 12th January 2017 and still waiting for my decision.
Oh wow! 12th of January was the day you went to the finnish embassy/migri for your interview?
If yes, have you contacted them since it exceeded the 9 months waiting time?
I tried to call once and the customer service officer said yes though it has exceeded they cant asertain when a decision would be made. So confused and exhausted because we dont really know how long we have to wait to get this decision. :(

NepaleseGirl

Post by NepaleseGirl » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm

I have applied for resident permit on the basic of family tie who is a student and has a A permit.
The immigration service asked for some addition documents about my bank statement. At the same time they have also asked me when do I need my decision now or after after the permit extension of my husband? At that time my husband had only 3 month permit So I decided to get decision after his permit extension.
And now, his extension application is still waiting for process. I don't know how long do I have to wait for my decision. Long waiting is really stressful :(

Manfromnorth

Post by Manfromnorth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

I have today filed a complaint to Parliamentary Ombudsman of Finland re Migri violating the Aliens Act when delaying my wife's residence permit (that has exceeded 9 months in November counting from the day of the interview in embassy). I was running google and found at least one similar case where conclusion was really clear. When process takes considerably more time than an average, or certainly when the max time is reached, Migri has to give decent fact-based response and new best estimate for when decision will be taken. Just ignoring the applicant and suggesting just to sit and wait is not ok. Here is one example (sorry, in Finnish):

https://www.okv.fi/media/uploads/ratkai ... 1_2014.pdf

I urge everyone whose resident permit application is soon reaching or has already exceeded the max time 9 months to do the same. It is really easy, there is a template on the website for it.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/web/guest

EDIT: This complaint will not speed up processing my wife's permit. I believe it takes time for ombudsman to investigate the issue and of course my wish is the permit approval is a question of days now instead of weeks or months. When I posted this comment my aim was to ask everyone who feels their permit was or is pending too long to file a complaint with the Ombudsman. They have power and the management of Migri will have to listen to them if not me as an individual. This is the way to force Migri to improve their leadership, processes, working methods and communication towards their customers.
Last edited by Manfromnorth on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Manfromnorth wrote:I have today filed a complaint to Parliamentary Ombudsman of Finland re Migri violating the Aliens Act when delaying my wife's residence permit (that has exceeded 9 months in November counting from the day of the interview in embassy). I was running google and found at least one similar case where conclusion was really clear. When process takes considerably more time than an average, or certainly when the max time is reached, Migri has to give decent fact-based response and new best estimate for when decision will be taken. Just ignoring the applicant and suggesting just to sit and wait is not ok. Here is one example (sorry, in Finnish):

https://www.okv.fi/media/uploads/ratkai ... 1_2014.pdf

I urge everyone whose resident permit application is soon reaching or has already exceeded the max time 9 months to do the same. It is really easy, there is a template on the website for it.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/web/guest
Please do keep us posted about the reply you receive from them. I called migri today. They didn't give any info except that the queue is very long. It's been 4 months since I filed my application. I am living in Finland with my husband but still my life is on a standstill as I cannot work, study, travel, drive, or visit my sick grandfather.

Manfromnorth

Post by Manfromnorth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:15 pm

curiousgirl wrote: Please do keep us posted about the reply you receive from them. I called migri today. They didn't give any info except that the queue is very long. It's been 4 months since I filed my application. I am living in Finland with my husband but still my life is on a standstill as I cannot work, study, travel, drive, or visit my sick grandfather.
Hi, I added a section to my earlier post. Please read it - bottom line is, my wife's permit process goes on and my complaint won't speed up that. Following up what happens to us is not the right way. What everyone should do is to file a complaint if you are in similar situation. I would assume a wait exceeding 6 months now is fully applicable case for Ombudsman. Also, the same goes if you got the permit By now but it took too much time. I am saying 6 months as in year 2016 average wait time for permits based on family ties was 111 days - however early this year was different due to applications transferred From police so let's give Migri 180 days as fair time for process.

cloudx7

Post by cloudx7 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 am

Hey, this is really frustrating. I have applied to migri at 05.07.2017 and still waiting for to be proccessed. I’m 16 years old kid which has no history with anything bad etc. I needed to visit Turkey because my mom had an operation, my dad filled a paper to migri about operation, they asked for medical report, we sent it and they never replied and it’s been like 2 months since my mom had it.
I am thinking on applying for visa since it seems it’s gonna take so long to just wait.

cloudx7

Post by cloudx7 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Hello, I want to ask if anyone knows which month they are processing right now? I visited migri on 5th of July, its been 6 months and 17 days. Still waiting to be processed, as I mentioned earlier I'm 16 and I have nothing bad in my history and also my dad. There's been 2 holidays but since I can't leave Finland I just sit at home all holiday. I wish I get my answer soon. Thank you all.