Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
hiworld

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by hiworld » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm

i got married in denmark on 6th feb, apply online for residence permit in finland on 15th, proved identity on 21st, received positive decision on 27th Feb. now only waiting card to arrive

the whole process was sooo much easy and super fast then i thought :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

NepaleseGirl

Post by NepaleseGirl » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:59 pm

wow you are lucky. I have applied on January 2017 from Nepal and still waiting for decision.

tamiya14

Post by tamiya14 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:34 am

hiworld wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm
i got married in denmark on 6th feb, apply online for residence permit in finland on 15th, proved identity on 21st, received positive decision on 27th Feb. now only waiting card to arrive

Hi congratulations! May I ask at which service point did you apply to (helsinki Migri etc.) and did you attach any additional appendixes other than what's asked for (such as a compilation pdf of photos together)? Thanks :)

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 pm

tamiya14 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:34 am
hiworld wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi congratulations! May I ask at which service point did you apply to (helsinki Migri etc.) and did you attach any additional appendixes other than what's asked for (such as a compilation pdf of photos together)? Thanks :)
i went to oulu migri. i only attached the requirements (marriage certificate, passports with all page that had stamp proof of our traveling together and lease agreement that we live together in my home country starting Sep 2017).

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Amarabrizi wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:38 pm
My wife and daughter base in Finland and I started my process since April 24th 2017, is the 11th month now still yet to receive any decision from the immigration, the last time my wife checked, they told to wait, that soon she will hear from them and that was since January 25th. me personally have written to the Immigration asking for a new processing time estimate of my resident permit, still no reply from them for 3weeks now. what could be the problem? what do you think I should do? am a Nigerian.
Family permits must get a decision in nine months. It probably will not help your case to be processed faster but will help others if you make a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en_GB/web ... lu-kantelu

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Applied in mid December 2017
Still waiting..

Does anybody know what month are they processing now?
(I noticed many people asking this question, and I would like to know how do they find out which month Migri is processing)

asia648

Post by asia648 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:57 pm

applied start of october 2017. still waiting for processing.
Other users are requested to share their progress as well. Thanks and wish everybody best of luck. :thumbsup:

Pppts

Post by Pppts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Applied in last December, waiting for process.

Bluesky12

Post by Bluesky12 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi everyone!
Spouse applied December 2017, still queuing...what do you think guys about the processing Time checker? I don't think it help much.... plus it shows always the same amount of applications in the queue 5350.... But then migri statistics shows at least 200 new application every month....
Last edited by Bluesky12 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloudx7

Post by cloudx7 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:48 pm

Applied in 5th July, waiting for process.

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:54 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm
Amarabrizi wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:38 pm
My wife and daughter base in Finland and I started my process since April 24th 2017, is the 11th month now still yet to receive any decision from the immigration, the last time my wife checked, they told to wait, that soon she will hear from them and that was since January 25th. me personally have written to the Immigration asking for a new processing time estimate of my resident permit, still no reply from them for 3weeks now. what could be the problem? what do you think I should do? am a Nigerian.
Family permits must get a decision in nine months. It probably will not help your case to be processed faster but will help others if you make a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en_GB/web ... lu-kantelu

As of today been 15/03/2018, my called the imigri again and the official who attended to her, told her that decision has not been made as to her husband's resident permit, and her international passport pages is required showing the stamps and numbers of time she has visited Africa. Please what has this got to do with my resident permit decision making and why the unnecessary delay from the immigration, is over 11 months I applied. this is not fair in anyway because they are keeping me away from my family.

Bluesky12

Post by Bluesky12 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi!
Just joined the team! Wish everyone good luck!
Spouse applied December 2017, still queuing...

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:53 am

Amarabrizi wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:54 pm
As of today been 15/03/2018, my called the imigri again and the official who attended to her, told her that decision has not been made as to her husband's resident permit, and her international passport pages is required showing the stamps and numbers of time she has visited Africa. Please what has this got to do with my resident permit decision making and why the unnecessary delay from the immigration, is over 11 months I applied. this is not fair in anyway because they are keeping me away from my family.
The Passport Pages showing that she has visited your country IS REQUIRED. Sometimes you need to provide anything that's required EVEN IF it seems to you unnecessary and stupid. Never treat MIGRI people as people, treat them like robots, UNLESS you are a Finnish Citizen.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Amarabrizi wrote:
They would be interested in the stamps when they are looking to verify the relationship and a factor in that is how often the parties have seen each other.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 pm

ynginvstr wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:53 am
Amarabrizi wrote:
The Passport Pages showing that she has visited your country IS REQUIRED. Sometimes you need to provide anything that's required EVEN IF it seems to you unnecessary and stupid. Never treat MIGRI people as people, treat them like robots, UNLESS you are a Finnish Citizen.
Requirement is requirement, stupid or not. We don't cross the road if pedestrian light is red, even if there is no car to be seen. If meeting starts at 10:00 then it starts then and everybody is expected to be present then. Africa has African time. We have rules and regulations.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.