Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ynginvstr

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Upphew wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 pm
Requirement is requirement, stupid or not. We don't cross the road if pedestrian light is red, even if there is no car to be seen. If meeting starts at 10:00 then it starts then and everybody is expected to be present then. Africa has African time. We have rules and regulations.
Agreed. :thumbsup:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:53 am

Tarantino wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:28 pm
Here applied start of October, no news yet.
Where are you from?

Rasikko

Post by Rasikko » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:53 am
Amarabrizi wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:54 pm
As of today been 15/03/2018, my called the imigri again and the official who attended to her, told her that decision has not been made as to her husband's resident permit, and her international passport pages is required showing the stamps and numbers of time she has visited Africa. Please what has this got to do with my resident permit decision making and why the unnecessary delay from the immigration, is over 11 months I applied. this is not fair in anyway because they are keeping me away from my family.
The Passport Pages showing that she has visited your country IS REQUIRED. Sometimes you need to provide anything that's required EVEN IF it seems to you unnecessary and stupid. Never treat MIGRI people as people, treat them like robots, UNLESS you are a Finnish Citizen.
Gotta say that being a Finnish citizen does not grant a Finn immunity from stupidity from offices, I've witnessed that first hand.

Bluesky12

Post by Bluesky12 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:55 am

Does anyone know witch month migri processing right now!

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Upphew wrote:
ynginvstr wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:53 am
Amarabrizi wrote:
As of today been 15/03/2018, my called the imigri again and the official who attended to her, told her that decision has not been made as to her husband's resident permit, and her international passport pages is required showing the stamps and numbers of time she has visited Africa. Please what has this got to do with my resident permit decision making and why the unnecessary delay from the immigration, is over 11 months I applied. this is not fair in anyway because they are keeping me away from my family.
The Passport Pages showing that she has visited your country IS REQUIRED. Sometimes you need to provide anything that's required EVEN IF it seems to you unnecessary and stupid. Never treat MIGRI people as people, treat them like robots, UNLESS you are a Finnish Citizen.
Requirement is requirement, stupid or not. We don't cross the road if pedestrian light is red, even if there is no car to be seen. If meeting starts at 10:00 then it starts then and everybody is expected to be present then. Africa has African time. We have rules and regulations.
I thought this is a support and encouragement platform, what has my post got to do with Africa and African time. if you don't know what say or comment, Please over look my post next time okay. thanks.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 am

Amarabrizi wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 pm
Upphew wrote:
I thought this is a support and encouragement platform, what has my post got to do with Africa and African time. if you don't know what say or comment, Please over look my post next time okay. thanks.
You asked what the stamps had to do with the RP. They are required. So the delay was not unnecessary. Here in Finland things are done by the book. Elsewhere things might work differently, like in Africa and the way time is handled there. What I try to say to you: play by the rules, until you know the rules and can start to bend them.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Noon

Post by Noon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Amarabrizi wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm
Amarabrizi wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:38 pm
My wife and daughter base in Finland and I started my process since April 24th 2017, is the 11th month now still yet to receive any decision from the immigration, the last time my wife checked, they told to wait, that soon she will hear from them and that was since January 25th. me personally have written to the Immigration asking for a new processing time estimate of my resident permit, still no reply from them for 3weeks now. what could be the problem? what do you think I should do? am a Nigerian.
Family permits must get a decision in nine months. It probably will not help your case to be processed faster but will help others if you make a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en_GB/web ... lu-kantelu

Same thing happened to me, i applied dec 2016, i got decision december 2017. It was heavily delayed, they requested intl passport pages again in supplementary answers, we provided everything requested. Still i got a negative decision. I am same nationality with you too. To say we were devasted was an understatement .According to a poster who says you play by the rules. I am sorry but we did.
I wish you good luck, because you would be needing it.

okonri

Post by okonri » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Noon wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 pm
Amarabrizi wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:

Family permits must get a decision in nine months. It probably will not help your case to be processed faster but will help others if you make a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Same thing happened to me, i applied dec 2016, i got decision december 2017. It was heavily delayed, they requested intl passport pages again in supplementary answers, we provided everything requested. Still i got a negative decision. I am same nationality with you too. To say we were devasted was an understatement .According to a poster who says you play by the rules. I am sorry but we did.
Hi. Did they give the reason for the negative decision? If i may ask.. Mine is being delayed too.

Noon

Post by Noon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm

okonri wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 pm
Noon wrote:
Amarabrizi wrote:

Hi. Did they give the reason for the negative decision? If i may ask.. Mine is being delayed too.
They quoted section 36 (2) of the Finnish aliens act as the reason.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Noon wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm
Section 36

General requirements for issuing residence
permits

(1) A residence permit may be refused if the alien is considered a danger to public order, security or health or to Finland’s international relations. Endangering public health does not, however, prevent the issuing of an extended permit, if the requirements for issuing a permit are otherwise met. Endangering international relations does not, however, prevent the issuing of a residence permit on the basis of family ties or issuing a residence permit to an alien who has been issued with a long-term resident’s EC residence permit by a Member State of the European Union. (358/2007)

(2) A residence permit may be refused if there are reasonable grounds to suspect that the alien intends to evade the provisions on entry into or residence in the country.

(3) A residence permit by reason of family ties may be refused if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that the sponsor has received a residence permit by circumventing the provisions on entry or residence by providing false information on his or her identity or family relations. (549/2010)

okonri

Post by okonri » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:06 pm

ynginvstr wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 pm
Noon wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm
Section 36

General requirements for issuing residence
permits

(1) A residence permit may be refused if the alien is considered a danger to public order, security or health or to Finland’s international relations. Endangering public health does not, however, prevent the issuing of an extended permit, if the requirements for issuing a permit are otherwise met. Endangering international relations does not, however, prevent the issuing of a residence permit on the basis of family ties or issuing a residence permit to an alien who has been issued with a long-term resident’s EC residence permit by a Member State of the European Union. (358/2007)

(2) A residence permit may be refused if there are reasonable grounds to suspect that the alien intends to evade the provisions on entry into or residence in the country.

(3) A residence permit by reason of family ties may be refused if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that the sponsor has received a residence permit by circumventing the provisions on entry or residence by providing false information on his or her identity or family relations. (549/2010)
Thanks

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:20 pm

okonri wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:06 pm
Thanks
You're welcome.

Amarabrizi

Post by Amarabrizi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Noon wrote:
Amarabrizi wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:

please which of you is in Finland already, your wife or you? and on what bases did your sponsor get his or her document? since they refused the RP on section 36 (2). Thanks

Noon

Post by Noon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:48 pm

“please which of you is in Finland already, your wife or you? and on what bases did your sponsor get his or her document? since they refused the RP on section 36 (2). Thanks”

My husband is in finland and he is a finnish citizen. That was why i wished the poster good luck because apparently, decisions are made based on hunches at least for my case.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:28 am

For the impatient, like me, 9 months is only 274 days :mrgreen:

It's only about 39 weeks.
In hours, it's only about 6600 hours.

I have spent 2544 hours waiting, and still waiting.. However, this means 4056 hours to go. :mrgreen: