Extension of Residence Permit on Family Grounds & Income

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
smzn

Post by smzn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Terve!

I have been living in Finland for almost 10 months and at the moment I am applying for a residence permit extension on the basis of family ties (My spouse is not a Finnish citizen). My first residence permit was given to me for 8 months. The duration of the residence permit was considered as "strange" to each and every person that I talked to, since they claimed that it should have been for a year. During this time, I have been applying for jobs but haven't found any yet. And yes, I was registered as a jobseeker to TE-toimisto and I had two meetings with person(s) in charge. They registered me for an integration course for 6 months and it is going to start in August. I have been told by people that I'd be receiving benefits during the time I go to this course, however, the problem here is that my current residence permit is a type-B one, so it is temporary. The officials that I talked to stated that I should have an A-type residence permit to receive the benefits and I have a few questions regarding to this.
It is said on the guide that I have to show 8,400 € in my bank statement for a year since I am an adult belonging to the same household, but I have this school and if it is true that I'd be receiving benefits, what should I do?
1) Should I gather money to state an exact amount on my bank account for my application to be accepted?
2) Or should I just attach the document that I will go to this school, learn Finnish while I am being trained for labour market, so they would update my residence permit to type-A?
3) Or should I both present the current amount of the money I have in my bank account (around 4000 €) and attach the course acceptance letter in my residence permit extension application?

I honestly do not know what to do, I'd appreciate it if I can get any answer because I am so confused right now.
Thank you so much in advance! :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Lilia-light

Re: Extension of Residence Permit on Family Grounds & Income

Post by Lilia-light » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:17 am

Hi! So you have family residence permit B type? How it can be possible? Does your spouse have B or A type?
If you get benefits for studying, usually it is 9 euro per one working day plus unemployment benefit. And they are not considered as income...

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:56 pm

What you get from Kela canot be calculated into your income when you apply for your next residence permit. And that means no need to show the acceptance letter to the course.
By the way, i have known many who get less than 1 year permit for the first time, even basing on family ties so it depends case by case. Next permit will be 4yrs as others.

mdn

Post by mdn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Tarja2905 wrote:By the way, i have known many who get less than 1 year permit for the first time, even basing on family ties so it depends case by case. Next permit will be 4yrs as others.
No it will not be 4 years.
You are saying about status A, not B.

mdn

Post by mdn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:14 pm

smzn wrote:1) Should I gather money to state an exact amount on my bank account for my application to be accepted?
2) Or should I just attach the document that I will go to this school, learn Finnish while I am being trained for labour market, so they would update my residence permit to type-A?
Your course acceptance letter has no any intention to the extension. The same about job seeker registration.
Who is your spouse from migri point of view, so she/he has also status B? You can provide less amount of money, but in this case the extension might be done proportionally. (4000 / 8400 = about 5 months).

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 pm

mdn wrote:
Tarja2905 wrote:By the way, i have known many who get less than 1 year permit for the first time, even basing on family ties so it depends case by case. Next permit will be 4yrs as others.
No it will not be 4 years.
You are saying about status A, not B.
Yeah i know. Three friends of mine have the same situation. First they received B permit for 6/8 months basing on family ties (husband is non-Finn), and their next permit is A permit - 4yrs. The OP didnot mention clearly about her spouse's permit. If his permit is B (student permit) then cannot change to A, but if it is A permit or permanent permit,yours can be changed to A for this second application.

smzn

Post by smzn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello all, sorry for the late answer. Yes, my spouse is a student here and she has type-B residence permit. I am guessing maybe after her studies finish maybe we can both get A-type residence permit. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it. :)