pregnant, unmarried

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
hiworld

Re: pregnant, unmarried

Post by hiworld » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm

congrats!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:24 am

hiworld wrote:congrats!
Thanks..

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:47 am

Happy 2018 everyone..
Just to update my post and tell you about my experience here in Finland😄
I arrived first week of December . After 3days my boyfriend(now my husband) called neuvola and asked help about my pregnancy. They said, they cannot help me because I don't have my social security number, my husband told them that we were soon getting married if they could just wait and accept me first to have check up in the clinic,but they said they need the number.(my husband was really angry that time, he said he paid millions for his company's tax and now for the long time he never asked anything, just now with his child and never get anything from the government.he's really angry)
we have no choice but to call a private clinic the doctor asked my number but I don't have that but it's okay..so I got my ultrasound and everything and my husband paid 185€. A day after we went to maistraatti asking about the marriage, she asked for certificate of non impediment with 2stamps(stamp from our embassy+legalised by honorary consulate of Finland in my home country) she said my certificate looks good(single,never been married) and so she schedule the civil wedding, while waiting the date,my husband received a call from neuvola, and asking if were married and got the number, he just said the date of the wedding and that was the only time neuvola gave an appointment for my checkup.
I got my social security number at the day of our wedding..and registered me right away in the population.
What can I say about the first check up in neuvola - wonderful! I'm so happy, they were kind and helpful, I love it! We went yesterday to asked for medical certificate for our vacation in Gran Canaria on Friday,I'm excited to feel the warm weather in 16days, just in case they will ask about it, If the finnair crew saw that I'm pregnant. Okay....we forgot about Kela, we will call them after the vacation.
I have an appointment tomorrow for my first residence permit in migri.(some questions In the forms that was really hard to answer hahaha.we will ask them tomorrow about those questions)
I'm married now and soon gonna deliver my baby here in Finland,
hoping to get a positive result in my application for my first residence permit. Godfilled 2018..

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05 pm

We went to migri this morning and applied for my first residence permit based on family ties.I gave first the mandatory requirements listed in the back of the form(PK2_plus) and after that she asked...any more supporting documents?(original/copy)I have with me my marriage contract, proof of pregnancy,my husband's bank statements and proof of living and some papers that I thought they needed. The woman in the desk said, I knew you were married and I knew your husband has his own company its all here in the data. She return all those supporting documents except for my proof of pregnancy. My husband paid 470€, she gave the receipt, and the paper saying my application is in process. And she said everything will be send through post. I just told her that we will have our vacation on friday and we will come back after 2weeks maybe she will asked for some documents from me and I cannot send it right away. She said, I dont think I will be needing anything this is ok.and that's it. Simple and smooth. And in the end I said,it's ok if it will take long.my tourist visa will end on March and im hoping I can get it before my delivery because I will deliver my baby here on April. She said, its ok as long as you are waiting you can stay here and if the police will asked just give that paper.(saying still on process)
About the form, fill all the questions in your knowledge and understanding because migri only accept and encoding and asking. They will not teach you how to answer the questions so better answer it and don't leave some blanks.
Hope I could get a positive response to my application

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:27 pm

thank you and congrats on your wedding! you have been very helpful sharing this info!

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:27 am

hiworld wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:27 pm
thank you and congrats on your wedding! you have been very helpful sharing this info!
Thanks. Hihihi.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 pm

latikajamal wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05 pm

I got my social security number at the day of our wedding..and registered me right away in the population.
Hey congratulations.
I want to ask about the social security number. I am non-eu and got married to my bf in August 2017 in Finland. He is Finnish. I filed for resident permit in mid august and ever since waiting for it to arrive. I am currently residing in Finland only. I ticked the option of getting the social security number and enrollment in national population register at the time of getting married. But u never got the number. I thought it comes with the resident permit.
Can you tell me how you got the social security number. Is it because you are pregnant?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:34 pm

curiousgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 pm
I want to ask about the social security number.
Finland does not have social security numbers. There are personal identity codes and the distinctions is important.

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:40 pm

I didn't know these were separate. I thought it's a same thing or atleast closely related. What do you need to be able to visit public doctors.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm

curiousgirl wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:40 pm
I didn't know these were separate. I thought it's a same thing or atleast closely related. What do you need to be able to visit public doctors.
The number, or code as it has other characters than numbers too, was initially in 1960s called social security number but since 1970 the number has been called personal identity code. It is unique number to identify you and you can have it without being covered by social security.

Public doctors you'll visit if you have urgent need for one. Private one you can see when you want.

You'll get your magic number when you get your residence permit.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm

curiousgirl wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:40 pm
A municipality of residence in the population register.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:35 pm

curiousgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 pm
latikajamal wrote:

Hey congratulations.
I want to ask about the social security number. I am non-eu and got married to my bf in August 2017 in Finland. He is Finnish. I filed for resident permit in mid august and ever since waiting for it to arrive. I am currently residing in Finland only. I ticked the option of getting the social security number and enrollment in national population register at the time of getting married. But u never got the number. I thought it comes with the resident permit.
Can you tell me how you got the social security number. Is it because you are pregnant?
Hello... just came home from vacation.. warm weather to -16 :)
About your question girl, my understanding about social security number/ identity code is a sequence of 11 characters, based the date of birth and gender. If you haven't receive any numbers from maistraatti, call them I'm sure you already have it a week after your marriage. In my case I got it right away. I already told about my experience without that number, so better to have it.
Yes I remembered the time I filed my application to my first residence permit, they asked that number, and I said I have my number. and if you don't have it, you need to sign one form included in the application (HETU_P) Request to record personal information in the population information system.
Until now I'm waiting for the result of my First Residence Permit, and for sure I'm gonna continue telling stories here in my post.
Hope I help you a little, this was based on my experience.. and I'm sure a lot of helpful comments will come soon... :thumbsup:

curiousgirl

Post by curiousgirl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm

latikajamal wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:35 pm
latikajamal wrote:

Hello... just came home from vacation.. warm weather to -16 :)
About your question girl, my understanding about social security number/ identity code is a sequence of 11 characters, based the date of birth and gender. If you haven't receive any numbers from maistraatti, call them I'm sure you already have it a week after your marriage. In my case I got it right away. I already told about my experience without that number, so better to have it.
Yes I remembered the time I filed my application to my first residence permit, they asked that number, and I said I have my number. and if you don't have it, you need to sign one form included in the application (HETU_P) Request to record personal information in the population information system.
Until now I'm waiting for the result of my First Residence Permit, and for sure I'm gonna continue telling stories here in my post.
Hope I help you a little, this was based on my experience.. and I'm sure a lot of helpful comments will come soon... :thumbsup:
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I have been married now for 5 and a half months, waiting for the resident permit. I didn´t know I could get the personal identification number before getting the RP. I filled the form to register my details in the National population register at the time of applying for the RP.
Better late than never... I will call Maistraatti tomorrow and see what can be done about it. I can´t get my insurance, open bank Account, visit the Doctor or do any such normal thing without the Personal Identity number which sucks.
Thanks for posting about it. :D

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi...
I got a note from posti , the letter came from Helsinki Finnish Immigration, I asked my husband if its possible to get it now I can't wait for tomorrow and he said yes because it's only in the food store near our apartment. This is the first letter under my name.im so happy and excited.

It's my First Finnish Residence Permit card :P yeheeeeyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
I applied: January 03, 2018
Approved : January 22, 2018

I'm so happy I got it only in few weeks.
I remembered we went last week in Danske Bank to open an account,( the requirements are passport, extract from population system from maistraatti and residence permit card). Thinking we can open an account using only my social security number but its not possible. So tomorrow we will go back to the bank to open an account :P.
We will also go to Kela to ask for Kela card :)
I will tell you about Kela after our visit :thumbsup:
#TGFE

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:20 pm

I remembered that time dec.28 our appointment time was Feb.24 because it's fully booked, but because I had my papers ready and I saw one slot that was came out suddenly, I got that time 2days the time while I'm browsing that was Jan.1 when I saw there is a slot for Jan.3 @1pm so I got it quickly and cancel the feb24 :wink:
Thanks God for our blessed and lucky baby :P
Everything seems so easy and in perfect timing :thumbsup:
Last edited by latikajamal on Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.