My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
bassiouny
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 pm

My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by bassiouny » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 am

So I applied for a work permit last July 2017. And I was very nervous about how long will it take, what papers do I need .. etc.
And unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information online from other people who went through the same thing. So after being informed that I was granted the permit, I want to put the whole thing here for anyone who might need or want to know the whole process from start to end.

- I came to Finland for an internship for 6 months, and for that, I needed a temporary work permit. I won't discuss this here as I don't remember most of it :D .
- Then after the internship ended, the company offered me a permanent contract to apply for a new work permit.
- The company advised me to apply for "special expert" work permit because I am a university graduate. On the website, it says:
You may be considered to be a specialist if:
your work tasks are demanding and require university studies.
your salary is higher than average, at least approximately 3,000 euro gross pay per month.
FYI: my salary is below 3000 euro.
-for the papers, I had to submit online
copy of valid passport
employment contract
degree certificate
in addition to that, there were some papers that the company must provide.

Finally, this is my enterFinland log that I used to check everyday :D
1/20/2017 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
7/7/2017 We have received the processing fee for your application.
7/7/2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
7/11/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
7/18/2017 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

8/18/2017 The Employment and Economic Development Office has made a partial decision on your application. Your application is now in queue for processing at the Finnish Immigration Service. We will contact you if we need additional information. See our website for processing times.
10/3/2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
10/4/2017 A decision has been made on your application.
10/4/2017 The decision can be read on your user account.
10/4/2017 You have received the decision
if you have any questions, don't hesitate.



My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

wen1220
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by wen1220 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi!
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I just wanna ask what is initiation certificate means?oct 12 2o17 it says in enter finland it started but until now still in progress..its been 6 days!and how can i know if my partial decision is positive?thank you


linhvu93
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by linhvu93 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your sharing. I am also looking for people who have the same experience as mine. I also came to Finland in Feb 2017 with a 6-month internship contract (6-month B permit) then extending to a 1-year A permit since Aug 2017 (after 4-month waiting from July to Nov 😭)

Can I please ask if you got the 1-year A permit? Because i am planning on extending my RP next May (in order to avoid long waiting like last time).

I'd love to share experience if possible ^^


bassiouny
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by bassiouny » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:24 pm

wen1220 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 pm
Hi!
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I just wanna ask what is initiation certificate means?oct 12 2o17 it says in enter finland it started but until now still in progress..its been 6 days!and how can i know if my partial decision is positive?thank you
Sorry for the late response, I have no idea to be honest, didn't see this in my case


bassiouny
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by bassiouny » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:27 pm

linhvu93 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm
Hi,

Thank you for your sharing. I am also looking for people who have the same experience as mine. I also came to Finland in Feb 2017 with a 6-month internship contract (6-month B permit) then extending to a 1-year A permit since Aug 2017 (after 4-month waiting from July to Nov 😭)

Can I please ask if you got the 1-year A permit? Because i am planning on extending my RP next May (in order to avoid long waiting like last time).

I'd love to share experience if possible ^^
I am not sure if I got your question right, but ya, I got a 1 year A permit. is that what you wanted to know :D ?


linhvu93
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by linhvu93 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 pm

bassiouny wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:27 pm
linhvu93 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm
Hi,

Thank you for your sharing. I am also looking for people who have the same experience as mine. I also came to Finland in Feb 2017 with a 6-month internship contract (6-month B permit) then extending to a 1-year A permit since Aug 2017 (after 4-month waiting from July to Nov 😭)

Can I please ask if you got the 1-year A permit? Because i am planning on extending my RP next May (in order to avoid long waiting like last time).

I'd love to share experience if possible ^^
I am not sure if I got your question right, but ya, I got a 1 year A permit. is that what you wanted to know :D ?
Yes :D and does your RP limit on your job?


artistlsm321
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by artistlsm321 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 pm

- I came to Finland for an internship for 6 months, and for that, I needed a temporary work permit. I won't discuss this here as I don't remember most of it :D .
- Then after the internship ended, the company offered me a permanent contract to apply for a new work permit.
- The company advised me to apply for "special expert" work permit because I am a university graduate. On the website, it says:






Hello,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I am wondering if you continuously work while processing your application(A-RP for specialist).


Thanks,


Husoe
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by Husoe » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Mine took 13 weeks to be ready. Officers, where I had to take a social security number and migri office, wasn't very helpful and their English level was highly questionable. people who work where you get a bus pass speaks way better English.

anyways.
after 13 weeks and me sending them emails every so often for new estimated time, today I got an email saying I should check my migri profile.
There was a blue button of fate and once you click on it, I think you accept your fate. You cannot say you didn't check or seen the decision after clicking on it. Sneaky fins!

The website told me to wait for a week or two to get my RP card.


good luck everyone, this process is very hard and time-consuming if you ask me.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Husoe wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:09 pm
Mine took 13 weeks to be ready. Officers, where I had to take a social security number and migri office, wasn't very helpful and their English level was highly questionable. people who work where you get a bus pass speaks way better English.
There are no social security numbers in Finland. There is a personal identity code. The distinction is important because you can have a personal identity code and not be covered by Kela.


bassiouny
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Re: My work/Residence permit Experience - 2017

Post by bassiouny » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 pm

here I am again for the 2nd time,

5/16/2018 We have received the processing fee for your application.
5/16/2018 We have received your application and it is pending.
5/18/2018 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi

11/22/2018 The Employment and Economic Development Office has made a partial decision on your application. Your application is now in queue for processing at the Finnish Immigration Service. We will contact you if we need additional information. See our website for processing times.
11/22/2018 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
11/22/2018 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
11/23/2018 A decision has been made on your application.
11/23/2018 The decision can be read on your user account.
11/23/2018 You have received the decision.


Post Reply