How to pay in Finland ?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Kraiztovich

How to pay in Finland ?

Post by Kraiztovich » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I have something (maybe a little bit stupid, but necessary) to ask..

Actually I'm preparing a trip to Finland and if you go to my profile you'll see that I posted an other topic about "the entrance exam in Finland" about 1 year about now.
I changed my plans and I'm going to spend some time in the country to see if I like the atmosphere, because I don't have any experience with Finland unfortunately and before deciding to study there I thought it would be great to spend some time in the country. So I decided to take a gap year and travel in Finland and I'm getting all the informations to make it pleasant when I'll be there, if you have some advice I'll take them ;)

Well, I got a question about payment because I don't know if I'll be able to pay with my card (I'm in the bank AXA for now, and I got maestro) so I got 2 questions.

- Do you think that I can pay in Finland with my main card ?

- If not, can I pay with a visa ?

I know it sound like stupid for some people but I prefer to be ok with that before my departure (it's important doesn't it ? XD)

Thank you for your help friends, as I said if you have some advice I'll take them ;)

Kraiztovich

How to pay in Finland ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: How to pay in Finland ?

Post by Upphew » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:24 am

Kraiztovich wrote:Hello everyone,

I have something (maybe a little bit stupid, but necessary) to ask..

Actually I'm preparing a trip to Finland and if you go to my profile you'll see that I posted an other topic about "the entrance exam in Finland" about 1 year about now.
I changed my plans and I'm going to spend some time in the country to see if I like the atmosphere, because I don't have any experience with Finland unfortunately and before deciding to study there I thought it would be great to spend some time in the country. So I decided to take a gap year and travel in Finland and I'm getting all the informations to make it pleasant when I'll be there, if you have some advice I'll take them ;)

Well, I got a question about payment because I don't know if I'll be able to pay with my card (I'm in the bank AXA for now, and I got maestro) so I got 2 questions.

- Do you think that I can pay in Finland with my main card ?

- If not, can I pay with a visa ?

I know it sound like stupid for some people but I prefer to be ok with that before my departure (it's important doesn't it ? XD)

Thank you for your help friends, as I said if you have some advice I'll take them ;)

Kraiztovich
Visa is for vis... nah, just joking. Visa and Master are used and accepted almost universally, both debit and credit versions. Maestro is Mastercard's debit version? So at least in theory it should work.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.