Question regarding contact information on RP application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
meleys

Post by meleys » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer this question. I'm applying for residency based on family ties here in Finland, however on the application for the residence permit, I noticed it asks to provide contact information in my home country. I'm uncertain whether or not it's mandatory to provide an address in my home country, as I no longer have a permanent address in my country and won't be there to receive any mail. My living situation in my country is a bit difficult at the moment since I basically moved out of my previous address, and if return there I will more than likely relcoate to a different address (which I haven't decided on yet.) Should I still provide them with my last known address in my home country? Or should I leave that section blank and just provide my Finnish address and notify migri later on if my contact info in my home country changes?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Question regarding contact information on RP application

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:50 pm

meleys wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer this question. I'm applying for residency based on family ties here in Finland, however on the application for the residence permit, I noticed it asks to provide contact information in my home country. I'm uncertain whether or not it's mandatory to provide an address in my home country, as I no longer have a permanent address in my country and won't be there to receive any mail. My living situation in my country is a bit difficult at the moment since I basically moved out of my previous address, and if return there I will more than likely relcoate to a different address (which I haven't decided on yet.) Should I still provide them with my last known address in my home country? Or should I leave that section blank and just provide my Finnish address and notify migri later on if my contact info in my home country changes?
The paper form is quite clear about the addresses:
1.3 Contact information for processing and deciding on the application.
If your contact information changes, immediately notify the authority that received your application.
http://www.migri.fi/download/15093_OLE_ ... b95ebdd488

If mail doesn't reach you in the foreign address, you don't write it in the application.