Here is my case:
- I am non-EU citizen.
- I didn't graduated from Finnish universities. My degree is related to Finance/Business.
- I came here as a employed person, my current RP is type A with the occupation is Waiter.
- I am planing on extending my RP on 4/2018 as my current RP is valid till 8/2018 (since last time when I extended from a trainee B-permit to a working A-permit, it took 4 months so this time I don't wanna wait that long, there're loads of inconvenience while not having a RP on hand).
So there're some problems:
- I heard that after getting 1 year A-permit, the extended RP is normally granted for 4 years. Is this true?
- I've read this from SawFinland.com:
My questions are:Work permit (A-status) can be applied from Finland and abroad. A work permit allows you to work full time. Work permit after your graduation at Finnish Universities allows you to work independently in any field, as the visa is granted open. However, other work permit limits you to work at certain field.
- Even if i can get 4 year A permit, will it stick with Waiter occupation? OMG obviously I don't expect that I'll work as a waiter for my whole life
- Does A-RP allow me to study free here, like a Master course? (Of course I know I have to get a job with adequate income still)
- If i extend my RP as a 'Shift Manager/Head Waiter' or 'Store/Cafe Manager', can I possibly work as a waiter/receptionist, etc. if I change to different employers but at the same industry (Hotel, Restaurant and Leisure).
I would be appreciate your time and answers.
Thanks in advance!